>>>>

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good Morning, Beautiful Thursday!


Up and at it….ear buds and ipod ready! Off I went for a 6 mile walk jog this morning! I woke up about 6am…I LOVE early mornings! Seconded only by that time right before evening falls..when shadows are long and the sun is working it’s way down…that 3 hours of time left before dark…

And lest you think that I run the whole thing……there is a reason I call it a walk/jog. I tend to walk a song, run a song, walk a song, run a song as I listen to my music. I can’t DO long distances just running. I’ve never been able to….but I think the important thing is that I am out there moving my body. I’ll never win any races, I probably even look pretty ridiculous, but you know what? Who cares. My health matters to me, and that means exercising when I can.

I ran by some orange orchards!! I admit I don’t know a lot about farming, but these all seemed to have just left last year’s crop still on the tree….they are just rotting there. How sad!

fljune2011 209

You can see them still on the trees. I’m sure there are reasons why…like…maybe orange prices were down and it cost more to harvest them that they would bring in…but I still think it is a shame that someone wasn’t able to pick these when they were good!

fljune2011 208

However, I did see LOTS of trees with exciting abundance of NEW FRUIT for the next harvest! These oranges are looking quite happy as they grow!

Last evening another huge storm rolled through….and that squashed my plans to be out and about….so after dinner, I braved the rain to go to my car and bring in some handwork. The lobby has a nice seating area and a big screen TV…so I sat and finished the binding and hanging sleeve on my pineapple quilt! YAY! It’s really REALLY done!

fljune2011 206

I know….that blue/mauve piece does NOT go with the backing fabric! But you know what? When showing quilts and handing them to the holders during my lectures, we have the hardest time finding which way is UP if the sleeve MATCHES the backing fabric! I don’t care what the hanging sleeve is made of. It’s a great way to clear out a 1/2 yard of some old 1990s cutesy calico! Gone! Good bye! Good Riddance! LOL!

fljune2011 179

I haven’t written on the label yet…it’s just an 8” square of white on white ((Yes, I want that all GONE from my stash…Labels are a great place to use it!)) folded on the diagonal, pressed, and placed in a bottom corner. The binding seam anchors it, and the edges are covered and secure by the binding folding over the edges. All I had to do was hand stitch that folded edge. DONE! I’ll write on it when I’m home. I want to include things like how many pieces it has, how long it took, the name, the date, that kind of stuff. But for now…It’s FINISHED. Whew! :c)

Yesterday’s Star Struck Workshop was FUN!! So many different fabrics, so many different ways to go!

Today I move on to Lakeland for a lecture tonight with the Ladies of the Lake guild!

Tomorrow? I’m meeting up with my friend Lisa who is here from Stuttgart, Germany with her daughter doing all kinds of fun Orlando things!! We are going to EPCOT!! OH YEAH!! I’ve never been….and I’m looking forward to spending the day with them!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Bonnie, I wish I could be as disciplined as you are about exercising!

    I love your little pineapples so much. They are the one thing that could tempt me to do paper piecing. (After all, they're not that much different from string blocks which I do enjoy doing.)

    I no longer like white on whites either -- especially since some of my older ones are now yellow on whites.

    Thanks for taking us along with you on your travels via your blog.

    --C.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your label is ingenious ( is that the right word I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:24 PM EDT

    Love the pineapple quilt. Enjoy Epcot. We were just there for spring break; the food is fabulous!

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we see the finished top please? not sure if it was posted before or not; if so, i missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! Send my love to Lisa (and think pink when you think of me - wink wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have fun at EPCOT!! It's a fabulous place. I'm an early morning person, too, although I don't jog. I get up and .....sew, what else? Am loving your pineapple quilt! ~karen ( kaholly )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun at EPCOT, it is one of my favorite places. My former in-laws lived in the area you are visiting and I am enjoying your posts about Florida so much! Thanks for the memories. Your pineapple quilt is great, I love the scrappy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, I fully understand your walk/jog routine. I, too, am a "runner". Actually, it's more like "plodder", but at age 62, I'm just happy to be out there going 5 miles a day!
    Linda in Southern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie I am enjoying your posts about Florida since that is where I live. Ahhh....I was within an hour of you when you were in Brandon. Reading the words "Orange Orchard" made me giggle. I've never heard it called an Orchard...we call them Orange Groves..anyway it was interesting to think about why the end of the fruit was not harvested. I'm sure there is a reason. I know different varieties ripen at different times of the year. Always a shame to see usable food go to waste. I say put some un-employed folks to work picking the leftovers to give away at food banks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You finished your pineapple! Wow! I've got to get back to mine. congratulations...it looks terrific......show us more!
    Your gonna love Epcot, I can't wait to hear what you think! Be careful out there in the heat and drink plenty of water.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Groves, orange groves! Not orchards! Citrus trees live in groves!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)