>>>>

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy Mail Day!


Some days, there is nothing but junk mail in the mail box….and then some other days?!

Wow! It’s like Christmas, or a birthday, or something…and who are all these packages from, and why are they being sent to me?!

Some packages come with email addresses included so it is easy for me to get back to the person. Some of them don’t….but I have ways of looking them up!

And some of them? I know they are going to read my blog and see that their parcel has arrived if they didn’t include an email address in their package!

mailday 007

I opened this envelope YESTERDAY to find more MILLENIUM Y2K fabric! LOL!! Thanks so much Faye! I have not seen this one….are they STILL selling this stuff, or is it just left overs? I need to find a way to use it…..too fun! I still can’t believe it’s 11+ years since this fabric was introduced….I remember it being all the rage. I wonder if it will be something they look for in quilts 100 years from now…oh look, we can tell it was made in 2000 by the fabric in it….THINK AGAIN! LOL! I love it! Thank you!

mailday 008

And this little cutie! It’s a double-breasted notebook holder with pockets! Isn’t this cute? This came from Jill, who I met when I was in Texas a couple weeks ago. She had one with all her notes written on it, and I admired it. She SENT ME ONE!

mailday 009

It opens up to have these great pockets for pens, pencils, etc…..so very cute. Thanks Jill!

mailday 010

And this was sent to me by the gals in Connecticut from my last visit there in April! I got a 1/2 page in the newspaper! ((Boy, they must have been hard up for content at this point! LOL!)) I left the full size image big, so you might be able to read it if you click to biggie size it. Very fun stuff.

I tell you what – I have ENJOYED being submerged in normality this week. I know it’s been busy with Father’s Day, and Jeff moving to SC, and having to run around to find a new vehicle --- but the evenings have been wonderful.

Yes – I’ve sewed!

Yes- I’ve puttered around and did little of nothing at times!

Yes – I sat on the front porch swing and just enjoyed the sound of the birds long enough to be bitten by mosquitoes that kept me scratching at night! Ahhh – summer!

Yes – I’ve gone to bed late, and slept in later – and that is SO unlike me!

And it’s on days like this that I think – what can I possibly blog about that would be interesting to anyone, but this is it. This is normal life! This is me….trying to figure out how to run the nav system in the new car, and wondering why the people who drove it before me put their HOME ADDRESS as HOME in the nav system?! Don’t they know that I could now drive right to their house? LOL!

((This thing comes with an 800 page manual on how to run it, how am I supposed to learn it by tomorrow when I leave for VA?!))

Other random thoughts….Kernersville NC is beautiful in the summer, and I love driving down the tree covered streets and seeing the old buildings….and if I drive to Kernersville to take care of my banking, I can always find an excuse to go to Zack’s Frozen Treats for things like sugarfree/fatfree dreamsicle frozen yogurt! YUMMY! ((Doesn’t that sound so exciting?!))

Being home and being “normal” means…I get to meet up with my friend Lisa for lunch at the mongolian grill place. Bring it on!

Being home and being “normal” means….laundry is going, and I spent part of the morning cleaning cat hair off the furniture.

Being home and being “normal” means…there is now NO ONE else to ask to empty the dishwasher! I guess that is back to being my job now that Jeff is gone!

Being home and being “normal” means that after lunch out with Lisa, I can come home…ignore the rest of the house and take a nap because I want to!

OR --- I can start thinking of my up coming trip to Oregon, my retreat week with Randy and Lori and finish kitting up the projects so they will be ready to take with me.

I love this time of summer! I just want it to slow down a bit and not fly by so fast….

16 comments:

  1. Pretty cool mail....lucky you. :)

    I love reading about your normal. I think normal is wonderful. Good luck with the nav system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does or would Jill share her pattern for that adorable notebook holder. I love that and would love to make a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Oregon------so where will you be?

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being normal is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some leftover Y2K fabric still in my stash. You've probably seen it, but if you wnat some I just need your Snail mail address. Or I could hope to see you in Oregon. Coming to Sisters??? BTW -Normal is good, Naps are great and sleeping in is wonderful, Having nobody tell you what to do is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ya' just love "normal"? It's wonderful when there's no immediate crisis to deal with. Enjoy it because, like you say, it passes quick. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that you're getting a little normal time. It's good to rest everyonce in a while. BTW my husband wants to know when you have time to read kindle books, lol. I still haven't removed the previous owners Home in my car nav system...And I really don't like the way it works! Liked the one that was in MR's G35 much better.
    And last but not least...very important fact to know. Mosquitoes can not fly in a 7mph wind...so take an electric fan out there on the porch with you. Problem solved! I use to drag one all over the yard with me in FL. A neighbor man use to ask me over and over "are you really that hot". (Yeah, baby, I am, Hahahaha) And over and over I'd tell him about the 7mph wind. He said he would rather spray his body with chemicals....eeeewwwwww!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:20 PM EDT

    Bonnie, I just couldn't resist the Y2K fabric when I spotted it in the quilt shop. You will probably now become the Y2K fabric queen just because you can take a good joke. And yes,there was still plenty on the bolt if you would like me to get more! hahaha Enjoy your normal, from your blogs, you are way more busy than the rest of us "normal" people. Have a safe trip to VA.
    Faye Bushey, Maine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're finding the time to enjoy the normal everyday things.....and especially sleeping in! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve a little normal time with the travel schedule that you keep. It was great to read the newspaper story,it let's the local area to see what WE already know,you are an amazing quilter and teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:54 AM EDT

    Love the note book holder! I think I NEED one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Yes, would love for Jill to share the info on the notebook holder. Too cute and perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love normal too! I too would love to have the notebook holder info.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three things:
    1) Love the notebook double breasted wrap, must have pattern!
    B) Does your visit to Oregon mean there will be lectures and classes or is this strictly "Bonnie" time?
    And 3)Normal is just a setting on my dryer. (You have a "normal?")

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:40 PM EDT

    What an hoot - you are on the front porch - great name and lovely article.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just wondering if Jill has a blog or has shared the pattern of the notebook cover she sent to you?
    Tammy
    zunibear19@charter.net

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)