>>>>

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Abundant Chaska Show & Share!

20170809_233217
Meet Lois.

Several years ago, in 2011 I wrote during a past visit to Minnesota about where I went to elementary school through 2nd grade, where we lived when I was little, just walking down memory lane.

Fast forward to the next summer and while I was doing a book signing during the quilt show at the park in Sister’s Oregon, I was approached by this lovely lady and asked a few questions!

“When did you attend kindergarten at Groveland school?” She asked me inquisitively.

I was born in 1962, so I would have been 5 in 1967, so I would have started kindergarten about then.

“Do you remember who your kindergarten teacher was?”  Ummmm…..I was 5.  I don’t remember.  Try as hard as I might, I don’t remember.

It turns out that there were only 2 kindergarten teachers during the years that I was attending Groveland elementary school.  And Lois was one of the teachers.  She could have been mine!  She could have been the teacher next door as well, but as the classes combined for group activities, it’s safe to say that she taught me when I was 5.

20170808_184820

Holy Moly what a crowd!

There were about 500 folks in attendance during my lecture!  Oh boy, was this a big and fun crowd!

I started off, knowing that Lois was in the audience – asking her to please stand while I told the story of my life as a 5 year old kindergartener, how I thought the name of the school was “Graveland” because of the cemetery right next to the school, and I took time to publicly thank Lois for teaching me how to cut and paste.  Precious.  Moments like these come but once!

20170808_204707

Side by side Razzle Dazzles from my Alaska Cruisers!

20170808_203832

A beautiful Perkiomen Daydreams from Scraps & Shirttails!

The whole evening was fabulous with more show & share than I have ever seen!

20170807_123530

Class time show & share wasn’t too shabby either!
Gorgeous Allietare finish!

20170809_233621

Fabulous Idaho Square Dance

You’ll find it all in the slide show below:



20170808_181123

Thanks for the exceptionally warm Minnesota welcome!  It was so great to be made a part of this wonderful group of quilters!

20170815_212634

This is me last evening.

I have a million things on the secret to-do list.

So what do I do?  De-paper string rectangles so I can lay out this:

20170816_072424

Looking good!

Because I’d rather be sewing when I should be writing.  because my soul says so.

My plan is to get this webbed and off the floor before I leave for the cabin tomorrow.  Irene’s coming.  It’s going to be a sew fest.  Get ready for black and white photos to happen because it’s mystery sewing season!

My China visa application was sent off yesterday – boy wasn’t that a lot of desk work.  And $308.00 to boot.  China happens October 20th, so I need to get as much mystery done as possible.  Oh, it’s going to be a great year, just wait and see!

And with that…it’s time to get this posted and get busy.

8_16_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Creativity isn't always easy, but keep working at it. Look for the possibilities!

9 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the look of that new quilt! Have a lovely time at your cabin this weekend! It will be a much deserved chance to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy cabin time! Looking forward to this year's mystery even though I'm still working on last year's! A little bit at a time as long as I keep going. Have a fantastic day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you in Chaska. Such a wonderful lecture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bonnie, I love your new quilt! Was it not wonderful to find those mystery blue blocks! Time savor! Just when you needed it! Looking forward to the new book and your other endeavors! We are such lucky Bonnie fans to have you❣️❣️How is brother Mark doing? And Miss Sadie?what a sad face she had on the porch. So happy to have you home and to sad not to be next to you! Yeah the cabin! Enjoy! How is the shed coming along? Thanks for being you❣️❣️👏👏👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful new quilt, Bonnie! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could someone please tell me what is the name of the quilt at timestamp 3:13,please? I just love it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

  7. So much fun to read your posting this morning. Yes, a special memory.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous I won't be there with you and Irene! I leave for ten days in Aruba with my hubby on Saturday. Our youngest daughter and her husband are meeting us there. The "Bribery Coast" has worked again, hahahaha. Can't wait to hear all about the trip from Irene, you girls have fun sewing and stay out of trouble!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie, I love watching your slideshows - there is so much variety in the colours that different people use. I particularly like the little quilt with random (?) stars at 45 seconds. Any chance of letting me know it's name and where to find it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)