>>>>

Monday, April 24, 2017

Tres Amigas Go Antiquing!

20170420_082153
I am taking a break from posting workshop photos after workshop photos –dealing with slow internet (a small inconvenience while being on retreat!) and the fact that I have an early departure this morning means we are going to shift you from our regular programming and throw in a bit of fun that I had with Sherry and Irene from the time we left Grapevine, all the way until we reached Mineola, Stitchin’ Heaven and beyond!

Irene met Sherry when she moved from San Antonio to Louisville, and I met Sherry when I went to visit Irene, and we all got along as if we’ve known each other forever.

We sing in the car to the oldies.

We laugh and laugh like teenagers.

We are a great team!

And we all love to look out for quilts, machines, sewing notions, antique linens and depression glass.

With this in mind, we made a beeline for Fort Worth.


20170420_082134

With Sherry crammed in the back of the car!

Can you breathe back there, Sherry?

Let us know you are still alive!

20170420_101601

Hey, it’s Fort Worth!

Who put that speed limit sign in the middle of my photo?

20170420_101607

The bushes and trees aren’t much better!

(It’s a Texas sized photo fail!)

For those who are not aware of Texas geography, Fort Worth is WEST of Grapevine, and Mineola is about 100 miles EAST of Fort Worth, but we had all day to get there, so why not?

20170420_103159

Oh boy!  This is going to take a while!

And it did! Check it out:



We also had after hours when our class time was done in Mineola.  This included a run for a pedicure, and dinner out at Love & War in Texas in nearby Lindale!

20170421_185120

I dare you to eat ALL of that smoked prime rib, Irene!

20170421_185136

Well, all I want is a half chicken, and a rack of ribs on a platter bigger than my head!

20170421_185143

Salad? Are you kidding me?  SALAD?!?

tresamigas

At Miranda Lambert’s Pink Pistol in Lindale, TX!

Until we meet again, girls – it was a great few days!

Now lest you think that I forgot about our Quilty Box drawing last night – we were just delayed a bit as retreat was winding down for me, and we were busy sewing into the wee hours and with the limited connection frustration I decided to draw our winner this morning.


Let’s draw that winner!

1438_2

We are looking for entry # 1438 out of 4016!

1438_1

Dawn Kellogg!  This Quilty Box is coming to YOU!

Please get back to me with your snail mail address, and we’ll get this box on its way to you.

What is a Quilty Box?
  • Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. We offer plans from $44-48/mo.
  • 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids - a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
  • Each month we have 4 or more products (Fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
  • Our retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
  • We will be using the hashtags #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
Your support is appreciated. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.
Get Quilty!
Patrick Claytor, CEO
patrick@quiltybox.com
QuiltyBox.com

I love knowing that part of the proceeds go to benefit kids.  To me that is a win/win all the way around!

4_24_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

vintage quilt found in Alabama.

You will never know how much your smile can lift another's burden. Give it a try!  

I'm headed home!!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

13 comments:

  1. Is there anything more fun than hanging out with friends and shopping! Looks like a great time.
    A smile can really make someone else feel better but it can do wonders for your own mood!! It is hard to be sad if you are smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe I won. What a great birthday surprise. Thank you Bonnie and Quilty Box for making my day extra special. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hundred years ago, when I worked in an office, I had a little sign that said, "I like your smile!" No surprise how it changed everyone's attitude when they came to my desk! Thanks for the reminder! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful treasure trove of old quilts. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard once that you can just Smile, it makes people wonder what you're thinkging. Love antiqueing with you! How are you carrying that new to you machine home?? Did it fit in your carry-on?? Hope to show you a fun shop in Battleground soon... 22 days!!! Just a little bit excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a motherlode of giggles and vintage quilts! Glad you had such fun together. Few and far between and you always make the most of it. Hugs, Allison in Plano, Texas USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Dawn and Happy Birthday!

    I am just dying over that first machine... and then the second one made up the road a piece from me. I don't think Rick wants to drive to Texas to pick one of those up, but wow you found some great treasures. I could maybe entice him with some of those incredible platters of food you were holding up. I'm betting none of you joined the clean plate club that night. Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful road trips we love it.

    "A smile increases your face value" once seen on a bank billboard.

    I read that it takes only 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown so when I was much younger I decided if I smiled a lot I might have laugh lines when I got old, but if I frowned I would have wrinkles and a tired face. Smile.


    Safe travels Bonnie, Irene and Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, THIS post made me smile, for sure! Friendship is a wonderful thing---and you have so many friends. Glad to see you girls had so much fun together. I'm still laughing over the photos of your dinner plates. Tres amigas should be "2 carnivores and a vegetarian"....lol

    p.s. Isn't it time for another quiltalong? hint, hint

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all had a great time in good ole' Cowtown, my hometown. Thanks for the glimpse of your day.

    I spent my day, yesterday with my package from Quiltville (signed copies of 2 of your books & ruler set) made my day, quilt guild last night. Started my day with your blog & now I am off to the dentist for more "root canal" damage control.

    Have a great day, everyone. Congratulations Dawn on the Quilty Box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I TOTALLY love how you went from a full view to a close up of these beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure looks like you were at Montgomery Antique Mall in Fort Worth.... been there many times (nice lunch place) and don't remember seeing quilts... and you have recorded many so next time I am at "lunch" will be on the look out.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those quilts in the back of the car should be in pillow cases. keeps sun, dirt and out of sight so thieves don't get any ideas.
    J. Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the share..

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)