>>>>

Monday, June 18, 2012

iPhone-o-gram! Evening Stroll through North East

Farewells and goodbyes and travel-safes have all been said. This quaint little town will soon fade into the distance via the small rectangle of my rear view mirror.

Friends have been made, relationships strengthened, and I know I will be seeing these ladies again in the future.

I'm not ready to pack it all back into Shamu just yet, so I'm out for a stroll through the town, following that ever beckoning ribbon of sidewalk.

The gates of Mercyhurst College North East call to me, bidding me to enter through, to follow the original brickwork paths beyond the admissions office, various hallowed halls and to St Mary's Chapel.

The gothic structures stand tall and regal, surrounded by stately trees, manicured lawns and the flowering of summer.

I'm the only one here---finding the comfort of an inviting wooden gazebo to sit, to finger-peck this post via my phone, and to share a bit of the evening glow.

I am so very blessed. I am keenly aware of how much so at this moment, watching the sun set and catching its last evening rays. So very very blessed, and feeling humbled and unworthy for all of this life and how it has unfolded.

And these are thoughts of gratitude for everyone who was so willing to open up their lives and their homes and their time schedules to make this incredible trip such a joy to experience.

Thank you.

I can't think of what else to say more than that. So I will hit send--and follow that sidewalk back through town----and start packing for home.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in our little corner of the world. It was lovely to meet you yesterday. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:30 PM EDT

    you write so beautifully! thank you for sharing the moment with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do write beautifully Bonnie! I look forward to reading your blog every day. Journeying blessings as you head or home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the good life and its yours . . . just enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:59 AM EDT

    You have worked hard for this like of yours. It's not easy being away from home like you are but you put your all in to every minute of the days/evenings. Safe trip my friend.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, it was great to meet you and I am glad you had the opportunity to visit MNE as we call it. It is indeed a beautiful place and I am proud to say I work there. Next time you come to North East, I will give you a tour and especially visit the Chapel. It is even more beautiful inside. Check out my blog for pictures from your lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU are a gift to all of us, Bonnie ... thank you for all you do and sharing so much of your life. You are loved by many ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)