>>>>

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Show & Tell!

I'm sharing the Eye Candy!

One of the very very fun things I absolutely love is when someone sends pics of the quilts they've made from tutorials I've put up! It is so inspiring to me that you would even take the time to do this. And I've saved them, in a folder called "pics to upload" that has gotten fuller, and fuller....

A while back I had tried to put the quilts on a "slide show" thing from webshots, only to find out that some people could view it, other people couldn't...and I'm not sure what to do about it yet, so I am very behind in uploading new things to the page galleries. I'm still working on that. I thought maybe just a link to a gallery page that would hold thumbnails and you could click the thumbnail to view the big pic....but this all takes TIME, and I don't have it. Right now I need to be quilting and finish the projects for the sequel to Scraps & Shirttails, and putzing with computer stuff takes time away from that.

So I had an Idea! Every week or so I could have a show and tell day and share with you the lovely quilts that people have made. I can't give you a set-in-stone day either with my schedule, but just now and then. What do you think?

Sew here we go!

This is Mary's Beary Wonky! She said she was inspired by the crumbs tutorial...and I love how this is fairly color planned! It's something that I haven't done myself yet, because I am such a "kitchen sink" throw everything in scrappy girl! Great job Mary!

These next 3 pics are from Cathryn! She said, after making these 3 quilts, and starting on "Patches & Pinwheels" that "I am only now seeing my scrap boxes reduce. It is a slow diet, but a fun one! Ha." This is Oklahoma Backroads, and I love her springy colors!

Cathryn's My Blue Heaven just SINGS! This is one of my most popular classes because we use both the companion angle ruler and the easy angle ruler in this class. The whole quilt comes from 2.5" strips and squares!

Cathryn's "Jared Takes a Wife" I've always loved this Blackford's Beauty block, and her colors just bring the ocean to me...I love blue and green together!

And last but not least is Barbara's Patriotic Bricks & Stones! Great job Barbara! I don't remember if this was a soldier quilt or not, but it is GREAT!

Thanks ladies for sharing your Show and Tell with me....I am definitely now ready to go and sew some more!

20 comments:

  1. Those were wounderful quilts!! I am glad they shared them with you, and that you shared them with us!! Thank-You!!!
    And yes, it would be great to have a show and share with quilts made from your patterns!!! It's fun to see what others do with the same set of plans.
    And another book in the making!! Oh, what fun!!
    Take care of yourself and stay sane!! I know you have some crazy days coming along, so remember, we are with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a showing quilts others have made. All of these are just fantastic and I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a (semi-) regular show and tell would be fabulous! What great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to present the quilt photos in this format. I enjoy seeing these accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great show. Thanks for sharing! Inspirational!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, look! That one's mine! That's pretty cool seeing my quilt on Bonnie's Sew and Tell!
    I love Cathryn's Jared Takes a Wife. I have a friend named Jared who is getting married sometime in the next year. I'm thinking he needs one of these for he and his new bride.
    Let's do Sew and Tell again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. Can't wait to see more. I love looking at other peoples work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bricks and Stones is one of my faves of your scrappy quilts. It's next on my list for scrap-user-upping in my sewing room. This is a terrific-looking example.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea! Keep going ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love show & tell! Yes, please continue. Great work, ladies, your quilts are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:29 PM EDT

    Love that you shared others quilts they are wonderful. I do not like the advertisements....get enough of that on tv and in magazines. Especially the one I'm reading that says, "Is He Really a Sex Addict or Just a Cad?"...sorry but enough already is what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I initially found your website, I was unable to view your pictures in Webshots. I was so frustrated, but one day decided I was going to work it out and see the pics. If you click on the word' Webshots' on the black screen, it will take you to the Webshot album. Click on the word 'slideshow' on the right hand side of the page, and hey presto, you can see all of your great pictures. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  13. I often still comb the pages of quiltville to see if you have added any new photos to the bottom of the patterns...

    oh I love the idea of you sharing an occasional "Show-n-Tell" post with us here on your blog! It is a great filler for when you are traveling and can't post everyday! ;)

    Thanks for sharing Bonnie! I can't wait to see more SNT!

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea, Bonnie! Love to see these quilts. Sew inspiring!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing- you have inspired so many of us! Actually, your site and Flickr were the biggest influences on starting my quilting journey, and it occurred to me that Flickr could be a great solution to your photo sharing dilemnas....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love show and tell and these quilts are just wonderful. I hope you continue to post photos for show and tell whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of random show and tell posts. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, please do a (semi) regular show and tell of what others have made from your patterns. I LOVE seeing all the different variations and how colour choices can make the quilt look totally different :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bonnie! this is fun. Very fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)