>>>>

Monday, April 05, 2010

Bonnie & Marilyn Go To White Castle!


No, it's not the movie version, but when I told my son I went to White Castle he laughed. I never saw the "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle" movie myself...maybe it's a good thing, but he found it comical that I would go there!

You've never truly been to the Midwest unless you've BEEN to White Castle. The burgers are small, so they come in groups of 2 or 3....or 12. *LOL* I liked them! I would have been FINE with just ONE..but you can't let the other go to waste, so it went to waist instead :cÞ

I think the most fun was the fact that we joked about it for a couple days before we actually WENT. We were on the way to the airport when Marilyn made a turn, headed toward the White Castle, missed the drive way, had to go up the road and follow a semi truck into the gas station before we could turn around and head back!

Actually eating a meal there with these gals was EPIC. Truth be told tho, it was the company that was the most fun!

*Post Script* This is in no way a sponsored ad for White Castle! When I got an email suggesting such, I busted out laughing....it was just a place we wanted to go, that I had never been before...plain and simple!

12 comments:

  1. Have you never had a Krystal, Bonnie? And you a southern girl? Say it ain't so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a Yankee I have never been to a White Castle but they look fun! (I mean what is not to like about little hamburgers!) Isn't that the place where there CEO/son of founder went undercover on the TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, White Castle. I would do almost anything for a sack of WC burgers. We have none near us, and the closest in about 2 hours away. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Bonnie! Love those White Castles. I have this theory that they are health food . . . they are not fried, they are steamed, and they have onions which are good for your digestive system . . . therefore . . . they must be healthy!

    Linda, in Lafayette, Indiana (sock-knitter to the Queen)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going to White Castle when I was a kid in Louisville. I loved their burgers!!!! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE White Castle.... my favorite lunch when I do my grocery shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy do I miss White Castle... just found your blog not too long ago and really enjoy it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a Jersey girl I grew up on White Castle - I'd drive past every other burger joint for a sack of WC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you would like them! It was so fun to have you visit, and to take both of your classes. I'm still working on them, so they won't just be UFOs! Come back soon. - Jan Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. White Castle is the first place my mother was taken to when she got off the boat from England in 1948. Talk about culture shock! LOL

    White Castle were all around us in New Jersey but I never developed a taste for the burgers. (Ick.) :-) Now I'm in North Carolina I mostly miss diners. There are a few restaurants around here that call themselves diners, but they aren't anything like a real diner. And we miss Friendlys!!! Sigh. And did I mention the bagels....and the pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  11. White Castle??? Yuck! I do not like those sliders. I've always wondered what they were really made of - mystery meat of some kind. Isn't it funny how some people really, really love something, while others really, really don't.
    Linda in Southern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like White Castles too. They were (are?) open longer hours than other restaurants, so they became THE place to go after the bars closed. People either love them or hate them, and I think a lot of it has to do with the reputation that surrounds it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)