I think I've found a theme for the July Quiltvillians retreat.
Find it and Finish it!
It's wonderful to see quilt projects that have been in time out in a bin, some that needed unstitching to take place so things could be fixed, some projects that were adopted by friends who were no longer able to quilt, and fixed and completed on the sly with the intent to gift them back when done.
It's been a wonderful week of "Let's see what we can do to get this in the done column." And so inspirational! It's wonderful to start something new and sparkling at a retreat. It is up a whole 'nuther level of fee-good when to tackle something big you've set aside for who-knows-how-long and turn it into something that you love all over again.
These lovely blocks were made with Stonehenge as a block of the month.
Block of the month projects can sound so great when you first dig in, but life often gets in the way and then you are left with something half done, with more hurdles ahead that just don't seem to fit the "keeping up with it" desire.
Retreats are WONDERFUL for getting caught up. And in some instances, FINISHED!
Another cute Block of the Month up on the design wall -
This is Bodega Bay by Fig Tree Quilts.
Sorry about the bad lighting on this one - it's a Tulip Swirl Leader & Ender being worked on alongside a primary project.
You'll be surprised how quickly these little blocks mount up. Here are some of mine! These were made while assembling the borders for my sewing machine stitchery.
Yes, we can do two things at once!
More beautiful stars on the design wall -
And oh, I'm loving these!
(Yes, those ARE bobbin donuts on the wall held in place by pins!)
Pattern is Eureka by Animas Quilts.
Working her way through the Show & Tell blocks by Elizabeth Hartman, Emily finished the bears and started in on some cute holiday ornaments.
What is happening here?
Slicing, dicing and stitching them into four-patch posie blocks!
Spreading something ultra scrappy on the dining room table -
Such a fun pinwheel design made from rectangles stitched on the diagonal. I don't know the pattern source/info for this one, so if you do, could you please leave it in the comments section below? Thank you!
Best laid plans and miscalculated math!
I thought I was done with the square in a square blocks. I need five more. SIGH. So as soon as I finish working up the star templates I've printed out, I'll go back and do five more square in a squares. They are not hard...but who wants to go backward??!?
The stars are less than half way there, and I need to print more templates anyway so somehow that doesn't feel so off.
But somehow, I'm going to have to convince Hazel to vacate my chair so I can get more of these blocks moving forward. HA!
Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?
If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.
Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away. 2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!
Intro Pricing: I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.
If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.
If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.
Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!
Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''
*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.
A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)
As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.
If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.
Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.
So much nitty gritty! But there you have it.
Tuesday - the July Quiltvillians are checking out this morning, and that means my day will be filled with filipping laundry and getting everything ready for the arrival of Chris's Christmas in July group tomorrow.
There will be time for sewing in between loads...I've got a trusty old fashioned wind up timer to time the loads and when it goes DING, off I go to put wash from the washer to the dryer, from the dryer to the upstairs...I'll get my steps in.
How about you? Any Tuesday plans about to begin?
Quiltville Quote of th3e Day -
Nothing is worse than hand stitching an EPP hexagon in the wrong color in the wrong place.
If you know, you know!
Hand stitching is worse to remove then machine stitching.
But I'm hoping that I'll finish getting the aqua hexies around the outside of the LAST hexie motif needed to get this hexie quilt top together.
I hoipe.
Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -

Hi Bonnie, the pattern you are asking about is, "Jagged X's" by Donna Jordan.
ReplyDeleteIt is so much fun to see all the projects the retreaters are working on. The quilt pattern you didn’t know the name for is Jagged X’s by Donna Jordan. I actually have the quilt she made with this pattern on her tutorial. It is a fun pattern. Cheryl
ReplyDeleteThis was such a timely post! Yesterday I finally finished my Basket Weave Strings quilt that I started in the first class I ever took with you in 2013 at Quilt Odyssey. I found it languishing in a box while I was searching for something else. Wish I could post a photo! Thank you for such a fun quilt!
ReplyDeleteThe fun pinwheel is a design I have seen on UTube. Unfortunately could not find it again cg
ReplyDeleteThe pattern for the ultra scrappy quilt top is "Jagged X's" by Donna Jordan (Jordan Fabrics). It's a free pattern with a video on youtube.
ReplyDeleteMy cat Marigold does the same thing! I have to put another chair close to mine so she can be right by me nd not behind my sewing machine!
ReplyDeleteThe seam ripper comes out way too often at my sewing zone. But it's is a chance to make the project better. A necessary evil. Glad you can flip laundry between stitches. I am making an embroidery label to stitch on DD#2 Wedding Ring Quilt. Then I get to deliver it!!
ReplyDeleteI did 3 BOM quilts and had trouble getting them finished. Problem was, after finishing 12 blocks; there were extra steps to the finishing sashings. Needless to say, I TRY to stay away from BOM because I know I'll have trouble finishing them!!!
ReplyDeleteI have so enjoyed seeing your Epp hexies over the years, how many hexie quilts have you made and hand quilted ( including the one you finished for your Mom)? Happy Sewing!
ReplyDeleteI made that under Summer Sunshine from Quilting Daily. I did in blues and in oranges. https://www.quiltingdaily.com/quilt/summer-sunshine/ debbie
ReplyDeleteThe scrappy pinwheel design is known as Jagged X according to Jordan Fabrics. In fact, they did a video tutorial for it (link below)
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghg7aXt6qMc&t=29s