There was loads of sewing...
But that's not the main reason they are here.
They are here to relax, refresh, make some new friends with some first-tiers at retreat.
There is time for naps, snacks, great meals, porch relaxation and games.
There was even a Christmas cookie decorating challenge on the porch-
Because it was still Christmas in July, after all!
I'm glad someone took these photos as there wasn't any evidence left when I arrived...they'd been gobbled up!
And yes, there was even a grinchy Diana on hand!
Not to forget a hike up the Appalachian Trail to see some very preggo ponies.
This mama is about to burst!
The trail hike happened while I was in Marion for some deep tissue muscle work and I was unable to go to the park, but they've been here before and I'm happy they went without me.
This mama needs a "Wide Load" sign!
I hope to be able to head up there myself soon. It's suchu a magical place!
Wonky log cabin is also growing!
Another "Love Grows Here" baby quilt underway, this time in brights!
Top finish!
This quilt was a block of the month called Tide Pool. I tried searching for it but didn't find anything other than several other quilts called Tide Pool. Further digging may find you the source!
If anyone knows, please leave it in the comments below. Thank you.
Big blocks from big triangles are coming together -
These all have large ocean themed prints on them -
Big triangles allow you to see what is on each print!
Lovely blocks being sashed...
Oh, these are fun!
Do you know the pattern info?
Please leave it in the comments.
A Post Office has been added to this Block of the Month!
I just love the hustle and bustle that happens here!
This was also very surprising.
FLASH!
In no way do we want him ON the table, so we shooshed him off quickly, but it just shows that he is finally as a feral feeling a bit more confidant.
The ladies are welcome to feed him protein bits )meat, cheese, egg, etc.) on the floor to help tame him to humans, but not on the table!
No one can touch him or pet him yet. But we are working on it.
My last five square in a square blocks are done!
I am repeatedly asked "Why are the corners cut off?!" And the answer is "That is how the symbol was presented at all of our historical sites in Romania. Could I have drawn it differently? Yes. Did I want to? No.
And even though this is based off a symbol we saw repeatedly in Romania, that doesn't mean I can't include fabric from other international trips!
The London fabric has all of the colors I need. And it used up the last of that strip, so in it goes.
Even Hazel gave her crossed paws of approval!
My weekend hand stitching progress -
Attaching that last corner section to the hexie mothership.
Tula is keeping it from sliding off of my lap/legs.
That's that.
That's the last stitches in the quilt center.
Now on to borders...
It was late, dark in the living room and time for bed by the time I knotted off the thread. I'll get some updated photos to post tomorrow.
Today: Moving on to the stars for the Romania project.
Photo day for the Christmas in July group.
Tonight: FIRE PIT!
So happy the rain has stopped an we have a lovely day ahead, the perfect way to end a wonderful quilty week.
This continues. Drawing happens THURSDAY!
Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?
If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.
Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away. 2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from Cotton to Quilts!
Intro Pricing: I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.
If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.
If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.
Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!
Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''
*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.
A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)
As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.
If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.
Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.
Did you get up to anything quilty this weekend?
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
This happens all the time with quilting. I get so many comments like:
"I would never think to put those fabrics or colors together."
"As you were working on this I didn't think I would like the end result."
The one thing I wish I had the courage to say in return is:
"But I'm not making this quilt for you!"
The same thing applies to your own projects. Listen to your heart, follow your muse. Experiment. Push your boundaries. Color outside of the lines.
And make your quilt the way YOU want to make it!
Have a marvelous Monday, everyone -

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)