>>>>

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The July Quiltvillians Quilt Gang!


This was just the most fun productive week - every time I walked into the house, rounding the corner into the Quilting Quarters, there was something finished, and something new underway.

No fire pit night (threat of rain that never came) not even shop hop trips.  No night time games or organized swaps.  Just 12 ladies getting in as much sewing time as they dreamed of, stitching their projects surrounded by conversation and laughter.

We are half-way through our 7th retreat season and for 7 years these ladies have built these friendships. They started out as strangers the first year we opened, and have formed a strong sisterhood in the process.  I love them dearly!

I think of Joanne every day. She is the one who gave me a sign that hangs in my bathroom saying "You can't make everyone happy.  You are not a taco."  I need reminding of this often, and the sign is right there.

Gail cut my hair during Covid when things were closed tightly.  She has supplied us with shop towels for cleaning when her salon business got new ones. We use them every week.

There is something from everyone that has added to our retreat house experience and this is why I love having returning groups. It's a sorority of sorts. Like old home week.


And what a display they made over the porch rail!


One block of the month growing steadily.


Rivanna  in yellow and blue just sparkles like sunlight on water.  The granny square quilt got a beautiful floral border.


Lost mittens and an exploding heart!


Grassy Creek in soft, muted colors.


If you know the name of the patriotic medallion quilt on the left, please leave it in the comments below. It's next to a pretty Lupine & Laughter.


There is a lot going on in this photo!

I don't have the name of the far left one - if you know, comment below, please! It's followed by Chilhowie and a sashed version of Four Patch Fun.


The flag quilt is "American Flag" by Welcome Home quilting. It's just awaiting an array of appliqued stars.


Holiday sampler extraordinaire!


This year's holiday quilt is nearly complete!


I know the block for the far left one is "Grecian Cross" but I don't know the pattern name or designer. Comment please!

And I love the color wash on the far right. So lovely in the sun!


Betty's baskets were a finish she started last year. Quilted by Gail.


More sweetness!


Another little flag cutie -


And yes, Betty finished her "Out Flag Stands For Freedom" from Primitive Gatherings.


Let's do this again - Next July!

Everyone was on the road by 10am and it was a day of laundry routine and getting things ready for the next incoming group arriving this afternoon.

I *TRIED* to get some stitching in in-between loads, but it seems that Hazel had different ideas:


I swear, she is the most comical loveable kitty!


Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?

If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.

Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away.  2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Intro Pricing:  I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!

Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''

*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.

A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)

As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.

If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.

Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.

So much nitty gritty! But there you have it.

Today: There are still some things to do around the inn, but there should also be some time for sewing. Back to those stars and square in a square blocks I think.

I shorted myself by 5 square in a square blocks...why am I dragging my feet on just knocking them out? Hopefully I'll get over that hurdle today.

What about your plans for Wednesday? Anything?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I find no arguments with this.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone -


 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you and Hazel were meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)