>>>>

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Slicing, Sewing, Dicing!


It's not much.  But I got some time to sew some short strip sets - 

And then I set to cross-cutting them on my Accuquilt Studio.

It makes things so easy!

These were all of the leftover short strips cut from charm squares for my Unchained quilt. 

I had charm squares languishing - so why not put them to use this way? It worked great - but I had leftovers.

And leftovers are not a bad thing either!


Lined up, stacked and ready to roll!


Yes. It's time for a new plastic overlay.

I joined in on TikTok's Quiltfest 2024 which ran a week.  I don't have much of a platform there - but I am enjoying meeting the quilters there. This was Day 6 and entitled "What's Next?"

@quiltville_bonnie #quiltfest2024 Day 6! What's Next??! More scrap quilts of course! #quiltville #quilting #quilt #quilttok #quiltersoftiktok ♬ Glossy Question - DJ BAI

So THIS is what's next at the QPO:


More of these, please!

Square Pegs was featured in the July/August 2022 Addicted to Scraps column in Quiltmaker Magazine.

I had started in on these, and then they took a back seat for a while, and I've pulled them back out.

I'm not sure how I'll set them yet.

Yes - there will be a PDF pattern when the whole shebang is done, so stay tuned.

Several have asked what is going on with Quiltmaker - and all I know is that they have moved to a quarterly format, so 4 times a year instead of 6.

No one has contacted me.  I do not know if my Addicted to Scraps column will continue.

I've been doing the Addicted to Scraps column since 2010. It's been a great 14 years so far.

I just don't have any answers.

As it is the blog has been running since June 2005 so we are hitting 19 years.  That's been a good long run too.


Irene's Sewciologists are in the house!  And I spied a couple of beauties on beds as they were settling in.

This is Sherry's Scrap Crystals from MORE Adventures With Leaders & Enders.  I love how she switched out my blue for azalea pink.  It looks so springy! (And that diagaonal green/white stripe binding is perfection!)


Mary has her Indigo Way on her bed!

This was her first Mystery Quilt experience and I think she did an amazing job.


Morning wake ups!

Hubster Dave is in Alabama for an archery tournament this weekend.  So look who is taking his place. LOL!!

The dogs were a bit out of sorts not knowing where he was.  They were up down up down every time a car drove up the road below us thinking it must be him.  And it wasn't.

So they are up with me for comfort.


Yeah Ivy too.

It left very little room for me.  But that's okay.

As for Lola?  Well she and Ivy got into it the other night and Ivy really did get the better of Lola. Lola has refused to leave the basement since.

Ivy is outside during the day, and just in at night when it is cold.

Lola? She'll be 15 in May.  Maybe she is finally catching on?  Lola is the predator and instigator.  Maybe Ivy has finally set things straight with her.

Big String Quartet Gift-Away!


Did you get your entry in?

Thank you so much for the wonderful response, everyone.  It has been so much fun to read the comments that you've already started in on making the string units - and for some of you this is the first time you've tried string piecing and have fallen in love.

The biggest tip I can give - okay two tips.  SHORTEN your stitch length so the needle holes do the work of perforating the paper for you so it is easier to remove.

Second tip - always piece a bit bigger than your foundation because shift happens.  This way you can slide your ruler around and find the best placement for trimming.  It will help you avoid those places where you fell short of the paper.

Big String Quartet. SEW ALL THE STRINGS!

Dig into all of your fabric scraps and turn them into a beautiful string quilt!

Perfect for beginners.  Entertaining and satisfying for everyone.

Full color diagrams and photos and step-by-step instruction provided. Sew Much Fun!
Quilt Size: 93’’ X 93’’
Introductory Pricing: The PDF pattern for Big String Quartet is currently 25% off in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store. No coupon needed.
Pricing good through 3/31/24.
And there's more! (Of course there is!)

I'll be drawing for 2 lucky winners to each win a PDF copy of Big String Quartet from me, AND a Rolling in Color rainbow roll from Cotton to Quilts!
Color rolls contain 20 fabrics measuring approximately 8 1/2'' X 21''. Perfect for enhancing your scrap stash and brightening up your own string collection.
Enter to win on the Gift-Away Post.
My Kiss Me, Kiwi! Stitchery pattern is also available. This was the projected we stitched during our New Zealand Adventure with Craftours.
While I used some abstract fabrics (and all kinds of stash scraps!) for my borders, my traveling quilters were more than happy to pick up fabrics in New Zealand to use to finish their own Kiwi projects the way they wanted, capturing so many memories of our trip together.
The pattern includes full color photos and graphics and instructions for using my Essential Triangle Tool as well as other options for making units for those who do not have access to my ruler.

The PDF pattern for Kiss Me, Kiwi! is currently 25% off in the Quiltville Store. No coupon needed.

Sale price good through 3/31/24.

I think that catches me up to now!  I'm off to go play in my scraps and have some fun with Irene's Sewciologists.

What's up for your Thursday?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage applique quilt found in North Carolina.

.The pursuit of perfection is crazy making!
Keep life real.

Have a terrific Thursday, everyone!

 

6 comments:

  1. I completed a Square Pegs quilt from Quiltmaker. When I saw it, i knew it was for me. I did not strip piece as I was trying to get rid of lots of tiny pieces that others had given me when I started piecing. Then a friend gave me a old sample set from Keepsake Quilting. These are tiny pieces that Keepsake used to send out before the internet that allowed you to choose fabric from an actual sample. They were the perfect size. I shared with another quilter and we both made a Square Pegs quilt and the settings are totally different. I can't wait to see how you setting turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:44 AM EDT

      I made a queen-sized quilt using those 1" bits in a nine patch. All by hand with white as the background. I still have more of them!!

      Delete
  2. Maybe Ivy and Lola will settle their differences after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:21 PM EDT

    Sherry was working on that gorgeous pink and green beauty when we were there a year and a half ago. So nice to see it finished. Great job, Sherry.
    Linda Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, you MUST see these! OH DEER STAG HEADS! They are small quilted and mounted heads...just darling! Go to https://www.etsy.com/listing/1248917816/oh-deer-stag-heads-sewing-pattern-deer?click_key=533a7253f4a6e2d406b8b0814eb3556c2c5f6e24%3A1248917816&click_sum=09d75711&ref=shop_home_recs_79&crt=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear Ivy is my Oliver's sister!! :) I love it. I also loved the upside down doggie. Too cute! The Big String Quartet is a beautiful happy scrappy and I would be tempted to try string quilting with this one! Just trying to make it through my first week in a new school district... all I can say is Yikes!! But in a good way! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)