>>>>

Friday, March 01, 2024

Fine Finishes & Mutant Strawberries!


Now how's THAT for a title?  

I hope it grabbed you - because yesterday just had some crazy things we didn't expect.

But before I dig in - check out Jennifer's fun Jelly Roll friendly scrappy top!

There's a pattern or tutorial out there somewhere, but it's basically rail fence blocks paired with plain squares, sliced on the diagonal and stitched into half-square triangle units.

The use of navy as the background is wonderful!


Mutant Strawberry!

I won't keep you waiting -

Isn't this the craziest one you've seen?


The bottom end.


The edge -

It's like a Siamese Strawberry - but how many of them are conjoined into this one?

It was definitely the weird thing of the day - but I'm so happy it's strawberry season.

And a crazy way to celebrate Leap Day -

I went to open the QPO Studio door - it's a keyless entry with a number pad.

Only our extreme cold overnight had done the batteries in and the thing was deader than a doornail.

Is there are master key at the inn?  Nope.  Do I know where I put the master key?  I forgot.

So Hubster Dave had to come over, remove a screen, and give me a boost through a window.

Batteries have been replaced and I am on a lookout for whatever safe place I put that master key.

Good grief, I'm getting too old for this stuff!


Check out these 3'' paper pieced blocks -

So cute!

(And not much bigger than the mutant strawberry!)


This quilt top shouts spring to me!


As does this one full of blossoms!

I am loving the creativity this group is bringing forth!

And did you catch this on the wall?


This is going to be so pretty!


Two cuties on the design wall!

They are both there for a reason, and to set a theme!

Sharon brought everyone a mini charm pack of 2.5'' squares, challenging each of us to make something small with them.  Such a great idea!


You can see Tonni's little charm below her Silk Path blocks in progress.


There is another cute mini with alternating neutral squares on the wall behind Rebecca.


And I've got an idea and a start!

I am planning a simple hourglass and alternating square thing - I think.

But this is the only sewing that happened for me yesterday - after the window thing, and a whole lot of time at my desk spent on retreat contracts and calendar stuff...I just couldn't get to those last nine Ladder Star blocks.  Maybe today?  Click to Play:


Today is a new day!

It's Friday.  It's a new month.  We can do something today to make progress - even baby steps - on something today. RIGHT?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

That uncomfortable leap you make may be the start of something wonderful!
How will you know if you don't try?
Vintage quilt found in Beaufort, South Carolina. This is the quilt that inspired the Diamond Tile block found in my May/June 2018 Addicted to Scraps column of Quiltmaker Magazine.

Yes, digital copies of back issues are available.

And yes - it's on the list of quilts I need to complete and release this year, so stay tuned!

You know what they say -

Sew Many Quilts, Sew Little Time!

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!


 

9 comments:

  1. No quilting happening here as well. I am volunteering at our Desert Guilds Quilt Show in Palm Springs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't but laugh right out loud, and hope you will let us know where that master key is when you find the safe place! Yep, it's safe!!! AND secure. I usually find my safe places accidentally. run accross 'em while looking for something else! <3 Thanks, Bonnie!
    cats in cold, grey, black sky, Carlsbad CA... might be a wet one here in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all you do and the smiles you put in our hearts and on our faces. Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy March! I am in love with the mini paper pieced blocks! And I love the first quilt...jelly roll friendly. I will have to look that one up. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun title!! It certainly piqued my interest! That strawberry!!! WHOA! HAHA! The quote is perfect for me today; I am starting a new job soon. Nervous and excited at the same time. Spring Break is coming soon and WE are ALL lokking forward to that! Hopefully some sewing time this afternoon, this evening we will be busy & this weekend we are planting our garden. :)
    Have fun at retreat, ladies! I can't wait to see what happens with the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put my stash of "mad money" (which unfortunately was a very large amount) someplace safe before we left for 3 weeks in Panama City Beach. It's definitely safe- been looking for 6 days and still haven't found it. Hope you find your key!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are happy Dave is retired and there to help when you need him! I'm loving having my husband nearby as we head into the last adventures of our lives. Love these star blocks from shirts, reminds me of why I fell in love your style of quilt making Bonnie. 95% of my quilts have shirts in them :0). You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy to see that Strawberry. it must have grown somewhere else. Mine are barely starting to leaf out. Hourglass blocks are sew fun to use as alternate blocks. have fun with it. I remember the Tile Block. Thanks for all your inspiration! Happy Quilting Month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I am right there with you. I have put things in "the perfect place" and it's like that place entered a black hole, never to be seen again! You and your gals at the Inn never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)