>>>>

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Quilt City Mysteries Gift-Away!


Yes!  He's done it again!

And the Hadley Carroll story continues with another mystery - taking place in our favorite Quilt City of Paducah Kentucky!

Have you been keeping up with this series? I love it!

Honestly, I keep checking my inbox for when Bruce sends me another message of "It's that time again!" because I know he's got a brand new book release and I have an instant need to catch up with all of the charactors and see what shenanigans they can get into next.


We started it all with Quilt City Murders and our introduction to Hadley.

Quilt City Murders was followed by Panic in Paducah - if that title doesn't grab you, I don't know what will.

And yes, there is quilting and quilting themes all through the novels.  Just the way I like them.

Panic in Paducah was followed by Measure Once, Cut Twice - a play on the "Measure Twice, Cut Once" mantra we try to follow - but often fail at.

Did you enter our Gift-Away for the Quilt City Cookbook when it was running? What a wonderful edition to these ongoing mystery stories that seem to flow from Bruce's magical pen like water.


And the newest Bruce Leonard book is just releasing!

Hadley Carroll’s big weekend plans include visiting the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky, with her friends and newfound family, watching an action scene being shot downtown for a Hollywood adventure film, celebrating a birthday, and quilting in Paducah Quilters Quorum.

 

But Hadley, a journalist and the mayor of Paducah, receives bad news from Ashley, the eighteen-year-old who lives with her, and from Dakota, Hadley’s best friend. 

 

Then, when the movie stunt goes terribly wrong and the crimes that follow threaten to tear the city apart, Hadley and her usual entourage set out to catch the criminals. 

 

But the stakes grow higher and the stresses become personal when someone close to her goes missing, and Hadley finds herself in unfamiliar terrain when the system breaks down. 

 

She solicits assistance from private-eye Garrett Hunt and from her boyfriend, Detective Brandon Green, but this time justice may elude them all.


The big release date of Proving A Negative happens on April 2nd - 


But for my readers, we are going to do a Gift-Away of FIVE signed advance paper back copies - right here from my blog.  They will be drawn for ON April 1st. 


The book hits Amazon in both Kindle and paperback format on April 2nd.


You'll be able to find all of Bruce's titles HERE. They are available for Kindle and in paper back.


As to that gift-away - you must have the book shipped to a USA address, so if you have entered and live outside of the USA, you can have it shipped to a friend who can forward it on to you.


Good luck, everyone!



And it wouldn't hurt to get started in on the other novels if you are waiting to see if you win this one.


Early Morning Departures!

This is posting a bit later than normal as I headed over to the retreat early to wave everyone off and get the laundry started - such a glamorous life!

This "wagon train" of stuff waiting to be packed back up in vehicles cracked me up.

Believe it or not, they are leaving with less than they came with.

I'll bee seeing Irene and her Sewciologists back in June for their next retreat.  If you are wanting to find a group to retreat with, contact Irene at  Cotton to Quilts.  Get on her mailing list.  Send her a message letting her know you'd like to be notified of future retreat openings.  She hosts retreats at Quiltville Inn 3 times a year in March, June and October.  

Bring a friend!


Slow stitching is paying off!


I have reached the 4th border - which means I can trim the quilt up and get the binding on as soon as I finish quilting this side.

And then the quilting of the center can begin without all of that excess batting and backing hanging in my way.

I admit - I am still thinking more Baptist fans - but then - I could just continue and crosshatch the whole thing.  Would that be boring? Look boring?

Outlining inside all of those triangles is just not making me all that excited were I to go that way either.

We shall see.

And while you are here for the Quilt City Mysteries Gift-Away -


Did you get your entry in for my Big String Quartet Gift-Away?

Thank you so much for the wonderful response, everyone.  It has been so much fun to read the comments that you've already started in on making the string units - and for some of you this is the first time you've tried string piecing and have fallen in love.

Big String Quartet. SEW ALL THE STRINGS!

Dig into all of your fabric scraps and turn them into a beautiful string quilt!

Perfect for beginners.  Entertaining and satisfying for everyone.

Full color diagrams and photos and step-by-step instruction provided. Sew Much Fun!
Quilt Size: 93’’ X 93’’
Introductory Pricing: The PDF pattern for Big String Quartet is currently 25% off in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store. No coupon needed.
Pricing good through 3/31/24.
I'll be drawing for 2 lucky winners to each win a PDF copy of Big String Quartet from me, AND a Rolling in Color rainbow roll from Cotton to Quilts!
Color rolls contain 20 fabrics measuring approximately 8 1/2'' X 21''. Perfect for enhancing your scrap stash and brightening up your own string collection.
Enter to win on the Gift-Away Post. Drawing happens SATURDAY!
My Kiss Me, Kiwi! Stitchery pattern is also available. This was the projected we stitched during our New Zealand Adventure with Craftours.
While I used some abstract fabrics (and all kinds of stash scraps!) for my borders, my traveling quilters were more than happy to pick up fabrics in New Zealand to use to finish their own Kiwi projects the way they wanted, capturing so many memories of our trip together.
The pattern includes full color photos and graphics and instructions for using my Essential Triangle Tool as well as other options for making units for those who do not have access to my ruler.

The PDF pattern for Kiss Me, Kiwi! is currently 25% off in the Quiltville Store. No coupon needed.

Sale price good through 3/31/24.

Time to go flip another load from washer to dryer and start the next load.

The photos we took yesterday for Over The Porch Rail will post tomorrow!

See you then!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Just stop. 
Nobody knows you better than you do.
You've got this, and you are worthy.
Be your best friend and not your worst critic.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!

 

7 comments:

  1. Cross Hatching works. Stitching while binge watching might get a bit wavy. I got all of Bruce's previous books. Would love an autographed copy. Paducah is a Bucket list place. Fun to read about it. Thanks for the Giftaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:00 PM EDT

    I like the effect of circular quilting on a pieced quilt with blocks. Just me. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fans, but crosshatch is good, too. I am always up for new authors, Thanks for his info even if I don't get the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:56 PM EDT

    I'd say you can't go wrong with crosshatch or fans... the point is to make it look nice and... to keep it together! You go with what you like... that is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited, I just bought the 1st 3 books for my Kindle. Always looking for mysteries to read and combine that with quilting, couldn't be happier

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I LOVE those series!! I hope Hadley is doing a great job as Mayor... ;) HA!
    Paducah is on my travel list as well... maybe one day! Love the hand quilting. I don't think anything you do can be boring... but maybe stick with what you are doing in the borders. Tomorrow is picture day... love to see the little ones all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes quilt the center in fans, it's such a classic design! Love the old hourglass quilt and your upbeat message :0) Happy slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)