>>>>

Monday, March 15, 2021

Tulip Time Pattern Time (and Gift-Away!)


Good morning and happy Monday, Quiltvillians!

Can you believe we are half way through March already?  Spring is definitely happening around here, even though it is a rainy Monday in my neck of the woods today.

And to those in Colorado and other snow storm afflicted areas - just WOW!  The only upside to that is MORE sewing time while you hunker in and stay warm and wait for a thaw - eventually!

As promised, today is release day for my Tulip Time quilt, one I know many of you have been excitedly waiting for -


I think this quilt means more to me than it would have normally.

I can't explain it, but working on it during a pandemic - surrounding myself with brightly colored scraps and the promise of spring last March, all while uncertainty swirled outside my "shelter at home" mandate -

I almost called this quilt "Brighter Days" because there are definitely Brighter Days ahead. Can you feel it?


I loved everything about making this quilt.

even if the SAME GREEN FABRIC ended up in close quarters unintentionally during the sashing process! LOL! (No, I was not going to pick it out!)


And then there was this road block!

Oh, Lola - you are such a show girl!


Such a happy scrappy mix of spring!

Blooming in Scraps! Tulip Time is a printable pattern in PDF format.

Colorful tulips dance on a scrappy neutral background, framed by a very springy green string border! 

Easy step-by-step directions with full color graphics and photos. Come plant a scrappy garden!

Quilt Size: 88 1/2’’ x 101 1/2’’

Optional (but most helpful)  I used my  Essential Triangle Tool for the half-square triangles in the quilt, cutting from strip sets instead of squares.  Traditional rotary cutting measurements are also given for those who don't have access to this ruler.

Also helpful - I love the Olfa Frosted 6.5'' square ruler for squaring units, and that diagonal line comes in handy when centering it on the stem piece for trimming.  All of the Olfa Frosted rulers are my go-to brand for non glare, easy to read cutting.

To celebrate spring, the printable PDF pattern for Tulip Time is currently marked 25% off in the in the Quiltville Store, no coupon required. This sale is good through Wednesday, March 31st, 2021.  The pattern will revert back to full price on Thursday, April 1st, 2021.

And to kick off Tulip Time, I am collaborating with my friend Irene at Cotton to Quilts with a FABULOUS Gift-Away!


I will be choosing one winner who will receive a Tulip Time pattern by email from me, and their choice of either a Rainbow Roll (Brights) or a Sherbet Roll (pastels) along with a Facets of Green roll from Cotton to Quilts!

Cotton rolls include 20 different fabrics each measuring approximately 8 1/2 x 21" and are the perfect stash enhancement for any project. Check out the great selection!

Fabric prizes must be shipped to a USA address.  If you are drawn as winner and live outside of the USA, we can ship it to a friend within the USA who can forward it on to you.

Okay - let's do this!


We will draw for our winner on Monday, March 22, 2021!

Good luck, everyone!

It has been a busy weekend - there is so much to fill you in on,  but it will have to wait until tomorrow.  Today is the day I get that old filling replaced with a crown, and I am running like a crazy person to get everything done before appointment time.

We also have Saturday's IG Quiltfest Day 13:  



Quilty Friends!

And yesterday's day 14:


My most recent finish is in the binding stages, and I'll share more of that in the next couple of days as well.

Did you have a good weekend?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

If you are going to be anything, be genuine!
Vintage sunflower quilt shared by Cathy during my visit to Lockport, Illinois a few years ago.

Time surely flies! Today, let's make the most of it!


 

34 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this quilt! I have already printed it off and I'm making plans. Thank you Bonnie for another beautiful quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt Bonnie. Great way to get ready for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tulip presentation. A happy, joyful reminder of spring days to come. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Gotta make this one in the colors of our Tulips we planted by the 1000's. Thanks for brightening the world with your positive memes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous quilt! Such lovely photos, but my favourite is Lola sprawled on the quilt with the caption..."look over here ladies, I am even more beautiful than this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulip time may be my favorite quilt you've done; I love a quilt where the design shines through the scrappiness. What a giveaway -- and oh how I'd like to be the winner to celebrate my 80th birthday the end of that week. But I know it's all about the numbers. Love Lola's nonchalance. Just let me catch up on my zzzzzz's lost over the weekend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really LOVE the layout on your Rivanna runner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tulip Time is fabulous! I have been making those little tulip blocks all summer and fall and winter - and have 12 of those "4 tulip" sections put together. I'm loving how cheerful they look and they make me smile every time I add another. Thank you for this design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because of Covid and Instagram I now have a quilting friend in Australia. Last year she (@Unas100days)was posting pictures of her 100 blocks, one a day, featuring Alice in Wonderland fabric. I was intrigued, commented a few times and joined her. We have become internet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful quilt. It would surely take me away from the CW Reproduction fabrics that fill my stash.
    Thank you for all you do to brighten our days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Aunt always followed Bonnie and would talk about her blog's and everything with me. I lost her in December so now I follow Bonnie to keep that connection. I know she would've loved this quilt. I figure if she wants me to make this quilt I'll win the contest so I entered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful quilt! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Due to renovations, my big computer is in pieces for a least 3 weeks. I want Tulip Time but will the link wait until I can download? Oh, I can hear Lola saying, “go ahead, rub my belly. I dare you.”

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt! Lola approved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tulip Time, just in time for the real tulips to bloom in Puyallup & Mt. Vernon, WA. Good timing to brighten our spirits for a return to a more normal lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Tulip Time Quilt is so Happy and colorful. Wish I had time to work on it right now but too much going on. I did get my COVID shot being in the 70+ group. It was the Johnson & Johnson One and Done shot. Grassy Creek is still in the works and my go to when I am home to work on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lola just wants some love. Pets know how to get our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt and beautiful photo backgrounds. Look at that green grass startng to pop through.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your genuine people quote makes me think of this saying: I'd rather be disliked for who I am than liked for who I am not. Love your tulip quilt. It's so pretty and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tulip Time launch is perfect. We can all enjoy a bright spot in our days ahead. We purchased a bouquet of tulips during our curbside grocery pickup on Saturday. They would make a lovely compliment to your quilt! Light at the end of this dark past year. Received second vaccine last week; thankful to be 70+. Special appreciation to you Bonnie for your continued creativity during this time. Your words of encouragement and colorful patterns truly brighten our days. Cheers to Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tulip Time draped over the rustic fence in front of a rustic barn/building is amazing.... lovely pops of color in front of weathered wood tones....scrumptious.... good eye Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What can I say but that Lola knows a good thing when she sees it!! THat is a very bright and cheerful quilt. Just quilted two throws this morning, so there will definetly be some binding going on this week! After that, maybe some baby quilts for a good friend of mine who has been asking. Going to be a quilty spring break for sure. Good luck with that stinky dentist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just checking to see if I can comment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful quilt . Hadn’t thought of it before but Barbara’s comment about a design showing thru the scrappiness really resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tulip time is absolutely gorgeous, and I caught that Barry Manilow reference!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Tulip Time! Will be purchasing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tulip Time is beautiful! The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  29. the Tulip Time quilt is beautiful. And Lola - by laying on her back and sleeping, is telling you that she trusts you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it so ready for a bright colorful spring

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for the opportunity bro win som fabulous fabric. Tulip Time is beautiful and prefect timing. Have a great Tuesday Bonnie.

    Lola is a great quilt model.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous as ever! Good Luck on your crown, dental work is not fun.
    Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous and very Happy Quilt! I had a cold but really nice weekend since I was finally able to see the youngest grandchildren (3) sport events with the new Co Vid protocols being followed by both athletes and spectators alike. Its a new world.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tulip Quilt is magical, it looks lovely draped on the fence of that old homestead. I have just printed my copy and was glad to get a chance to support your Quiltville Store. I would love to visit but it seems out of reach as I'm in Australia, I can still visit your blog though and see your lovely Inn on line thanks to your skillful photography.
    Your super contented animal friends are a favourite far and wide. I laughed when you mentioned Zoey's love of rounding up and herding
    , Kelpies are very intelligent dogs and probably could run a sheep farm on thier own.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)