>>>>

Sunday, January 26, 2020

I Went to a Garden Party….


I went to a Garden Party, to reminisce with my old friends…

Do I have your latest ear worm taking a strong hold yet?

I so loved yesterday's Garden Party workshop from my book Addicted to Scraps!  

What’s not to like about temps in the low 70s at the end of January?

And the fact that we had to turn the A/C ON because it was “Getting warm in here!” inside the class room space at 35th Ave Sew &Vac?

But honestly – would have been just as lovely should I have been somewhere back east in the cold as long as I was surrounded by wonderfully fun and creative women as have filled our spaces while I’ve been in Phoenix this week.

And OH, the shenanigans!  The shout outs posted to friends far away, funny photo ops  trying to make ourselves look seriously tough:


“Be a Quilting Gangsta!” she said.


Somehow – I don’t think this is it.  LOL!!

Thanks for the laughs, Tina!


Making Posey blocks in the morning!


All the pretty sets at the ready!


So many sweet babies!


Cutting up the nine-patch strip sets in the afternoon!


That black and white is the bomb!


Let’s cover the design wall!

I seriously loved these huge design walls in our workshop space!  No crawling on the floor!  Plenty of room for several quilters to play with their own layout possibilities.


Looking good, ladies!


So much awesome all around!

For the rest of our day’s fun, Click to Play:


When all was said and done, quilts were packed up, machines were hauled out and everyone was on their own way to wherever they were going – I made my goodbyes, promising to be back NEXT YEAR!  Mark the 1st weekend of February 2021 on your calendars. I already can’t wait.

Last night I arrived at dad’s about dinner time, and the sweet man had prepared a lasagna dinner and we sat and visited, unwound and talked – and watched the 2nd Jumanji in preparation for seeing the latest one out in the theater today.

We are TEAM BINGE and there will be much watching and catching up on stuff while I am here over the next few days.  We’ve both saved Mrs. Maisel for this purpose, and we intend to watch the entire season before I fly out on Thursday.

In November over Thanksgiving we watched the entire season of The Crown.

I’ve got my handwork busy bag – some stitching may happen too.

This morning – while dad sleeps in a bit, I’m running out to Chandler to meet up with some gals for Sunday brunch, and then I’ll be back.

This evening after Jumanji at the theater we’ll head over to my sis-in-law Sharolyn’s for a family gathering and birthday celebration. 2 of my nieces are also January babies, as is my great niece. Dad’s 80th falls on Feb 11th, but we are lumping him in to our celebration as well.  It’s bound to be a good time.

I am drawing tomorrow for this month’s Quilty Box Gift-Away – it’s your LAST CHANCE to to get those entries in ON THAT POST!

We are also down to the last four days of Irish Courthouse being offered at 50% off (Just $4.00!)  Only good through January!

What’s going to happen in February?  Just wait and see!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Vintage improved nine-patch quilt shared by Kevin the Quilter.

Don't wait to create!

Jump in the moment creativity starts to whisper.

There is no more perfect time than the time right in front of you!


7 comments:

  1. Love your "Be Kind" shirt!
    And the gangster photos are hilarious... too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was in Phoenix too, maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So between putting my Frolic blocks together - I am glued to your class photo's! How I wish I was there having fun with you all! I've NAILED the spinning seams and so proud of myself! Thanks again for the great time! I am sure everyone is having a great time. Happy Birthday to your Dad! My Mom passed away the day before Mother's Day, so I'm an orphan now! Enjoy the time with your Pops! and of course the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful blocks, looks like you all had an amazing time. Enjoy your family time such fun to be able to get together and celebrate all the family birthdays.
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your daily blog. Although I live in Glendale, AZ, I was unable to come to your classes. Hopefully, next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spirit, energy, and your blog. So glad I found you online!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)