>>>>

Monday, May 02, 2011

Crumbiness in Glenside!


What a pleasure it’s been to spend a couple of days “near Philadelphia” with Nancy, her hubby Joe, and also to feel the love of her fur coated family members!

Nancy’s church ((let’s see if I can get this right, and it will probably be wrong!)) is sponsoring a mission trip to go help those in need in New Orleans. Yes – there is still great need there!

And she thought that funds raised during a quilting workshop could greatly benefit the mission fund --- and she was RIGHT!

And boy howdy, did they go all out! If you want to read it straight from the organizer’s mouth, you can check Nancy’s post HERE!

We were even so spoiled as to have this event specially catered…for both BREAKFAST and LUNCH! for 30 of us! And yes…of course…if there is food, and me near food, any pictures of me will be found putting said food in my mouth….as witnessed in Nancy’s blog above!

We did a crumbs workshop, and everyone brought piles of scraps, traded pieces, looked for the perfect colors, made suggestions to each other, played outside their own boxes to test the water a bit, and let loose!

This is a small segment of the work that was accomplished during this fun filled day, and I am so happy they invited me to be a part of it! Several of the ladies left with Tonya’s Word Play Quilts book in tow, ready and raring to go on their own projects with specific words and phrases in mind! It was a veritable creative out pouring!

middletownpa2011 093

This is Bodacious. He is very talkative and loves to be loved on, but will tell you in no uncertain terms when he has had enough! Look at that face! Isn’t he a sweetie?

middletownpa2011 097

THIS, my friends, is Blackberry! And just LOOK at that face! Those eyes! That soft velvet mouth and cute hanging lips! One look at this guy and I was in puppy love for sure!

Trips to visit Nancy, NP come around every couple years it seems, and it is always good to touch base with real life friends! I hope it won't be too long until we can spend some girlfriend time NP again!

11 comments:

  1. I am one of you UK fans and feel so jealous as I have so many scraps and crumbs AND have stayed with Nancy and husband a couple of nights myself before setting off to Sisters with sister Bonnie! So I know what kind and hospitable people they are and I knew Blackberry when he was just a puppy! No need to reply as you must be horrendously busy regards Mary aka Quayquilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoy your slide shows, just so you know. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the slide show, Bonnie - enjoy your stay in Phillie! Hope you get to:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/elfreths-alley-museum-philadelphia
    or
    http://www.elfrethsalley.org/
    sweet little street!

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie - has there been any discussion of donating quilts to those hard hit by the recent tornados in Arkansas and Alabama, etc. If you hear of anything, would you please post the information.
    Thanks, sue in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like a good time......you are the pied piper of good quilty times Bonnie!
    Happy Sewing and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, great slide show as always. I get excited whenever I see you have one on the blog. I really am going to haveto try those crumbs. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie. Loved your slideshow today. Sewing with crumbs looks like so much fun! I love the blocks with the dancing African Ladies( You know the ones I mean) Everybody did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:49 PM EDT

    I read Nancy's post a couple of days ago and was jealous. One of these years, I'm going to try and get to one of your workshops. Until then, I'm happy to see the slide shows of these events. Thanks for sharing.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, well... you are right there with my virtual friend and her furry babies... I will meet her, in real life, in July! What a terrific reason/cause for a workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To all of Bonnie's followers: You will be happy to know that Bonnie is as funny, warm and talented in person as she is in bloggity land! What fun we had! My Civil War quilt may just have to take a vacation while I make a pile of wonky stars and crumb blocks. You would not believe what a freeing experience it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crumb quilts are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)