>>>>

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Newly Painted House :c)

I can't believe what a difference this makes in this little cottage of mine! It warms it up considerably, and our painter couldn't have been better. Remember I had to remove kitchen wallpaper from sheet rock that had not been primed? There were gouges and peeling wallboard paper, it was UGLY. So we decided to do a faux texture in there, much like stucco. I LOVE IT!! He even did some faux painting....mixing in black and a terracotta color over the brick red paint in the kitchen....FUN!

Only problem is now we have to re-hang everything to get it back functional. And here I am not wanting to cover up the newly painted walls or pound holes into them with nails to hang the stuff!

When does one go from "gotta have it all" to "less is more"? I might not put out as much as I had decorating wise before. We will see. I might find myself having a yard sale :c) (Yeah, right, like tell me when THAT will fit in my schedule?)

So this is today's agenda....get this from a "just moved in" look, to being cozy and warm and inviting.


House Painting
The dining room turns out to be smaller than I thought. I can't fit BOTH the hoosier cabinet AND the china cabinet in there and still have room to move the chairs away from the table :c( So...the hoosier is still out in the sun room. That's okay. I can now unpack my china!

And I have those shutters I bought at the Liberty antiques festival to go on either side of the dining room windows. They are a battered green. This is going to look rustic and cool :c)

And since it's 9:30am...the day is a wastin' and I better get started!

13 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love that rich red. Looks a lot like the entry in our last house. I sure miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty! I can't wait to see if finished with all your pretties!

    I too am working towards 'Less is more', and 'simplify'. Others can't tell, but I can.

    The best part of all this painting is, while you are gone, the work is being done, and you didn't have to deal with the mess. Oh, to come home to a finished project. It must have been heavenly!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great but does need some things on the walls - it looks so barren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie it looks so modern and nice. Yours quilts will make it homey and comfortable. It is beautiful!
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:51 AM EDT

    Now you know I'm loving it. I see a bit of me in there! :-) When are you having me over?! House is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie I loved checking out your blog this morning...it was nice to have a bunch of posts to read :)
    Love the new paint job - you're house looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:36 PM EDT

    Thanks for sharing you newly painted house. Also, thanks for taking the time to update us all on your travelings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, I love the new paint! And, let us know if you have that yard sale, I'm going to have to take a road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay when I get home from school assembly this morning I am making a coffee adn sitting here until i catch up with the five posts and five slide shows and two videos you've posted this wekend when exactly did you get time to nap????

    daisymum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new paint-job Bonnie, it really makes your home feel so warm and inviting. I can't wait to see how you accessorise.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, Well I think you have sold me on the khaki color. I have a similar red (called Hot Apple Spice ... don't you love the name of that paint?) but still have not painted the wall about the chair rail. I love the look you have obtained. Off to the paint store I will go to look for a similar color. I also enjoyed all the catching up. Missed your blogs while you were gone. Your entries always contain a feast for the eyes. Thanks for that and welcome back to NC. Karen, your "neighbor" in Summerfield

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful home you have and I love the fact that your brave enough to use strong colors. That red warms everything up. I once painted the upper part of the wainscotting in my very large family room Pumpkin , and the whole family held their breath when I rolled on that first strip of paint....smiles... They all loved it and I got mnay compliments on it.


    ~~Fran...:c)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel your pain! Wallpaper, awk, horrid stuff to remove. You found a very good solution. Perhaps you can knock a wall or two out to make room for things? It's been done. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)