>>>>

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Squishies For Lucy

Hi everyone. I received an email from Lucy this morning to make a post on her blog regarding her father. He is nearing the end of his battle with cancer, and they think he only has a few days left to live. He has stopped all medication except for the pain meds, and hopefully they are keeping him comfortable and free from pain while he goes through this next step out of this life.

Lucy is very close to her father, so this has been a very hard journey for her as well, most of you who have been reading our blog ring since Lucy joined know that he has had multiple surgeries over the past few years and it really has been a long haul.

I am feeling particularly torn because my friend is so far away and there is nothing I can do for her from here but keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe you are feeling the same way!

I would really like to do something for Lucy, and I thought how fun it would be to fill her snail mail box with FQ's! She LOVES poison green and cheddar, along with all the civil war repros. One FQ in an envelope shouldn't cost very much to send to the netherlands. I'm going to mail one this morning, and will come back and report just how much it costs.

Would you be willing to dig into your stash and send an FQ and a card to Lucy to let her know she has our support?

I am not going to post her snail mail address here, but I will give it to you if you email me to let me know you are interested in sending hug-squishies to Lucy. Please mail me at bonnie@quiltville.com instead of just commenting on this post. I will send you her snail mail address.

I'll report back on the cost of sending one FQ! Let's BOMBARD HER!!!

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)