>>>>

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Jamestown Landing–Stitchin’ Heaven Style!

20170421_160342
I’m having a Texas sized round up of fun in Mineola, Texas – home of Stitchin’ Heaven Quilt Shop!

Yes, this bull stands proudly to the side of our classroom space, flanked by a quilty Texas Flag and wearing the quilted banner sporting the quilt shop’s very recognizable name.

If you’ve been to Houston for Quilt Festival, ,it’s likely that you’ve stopped to also have your photo taken with this silent, gentle beast.

He’s HUGE! I try to imagine transporting a stationary longhorn and I just can’t wrap my head around it! 

He kept silent watch over us while we quilted up a storm in our Jamestown Landing quilt from String Fling.


20170421_090535

All of us!  Yeeeehaww!

20170421_105928

String piecing away!

I loved this photo, not only for the red featherweight, but for the ingenious use of using old crossword puzzle books as foundation.  our fore-quilters would be so proud!  But oh yes, that red featherweight!

Resized952017042195091011

Caught in the act!

20170421_150013

I adore the “uniform of choice” and all of their sayings!

20170421_105646

Trim em up. girls!

20170421_110131

Oh I love these gals!  So good to see you!

20170421_095024

Texas in April – wonderful!

This has been such a great event that we are making plans for April of 2019.  Stay tuned.  It will be up on the calendar as soon as we iron out details and I’ll look forward to being back in a couple of years.

20170421_161033

well done – started, everyone!

Resized952017042195160738

Thanks for such a great day!

You can view the rest of our fun in the slide show below:





When class was over three of us headed out to get me off my feet:

20170421_172730

Oh, this is bliss!

20170421_173015

Oh, my – and massage chairs too!

20170421_181325

Sparkle at the end of the day!

A bit of dinner, a bit of visiting back at the hotel and I was crawling into bed just seeking sleep.

This morning I am packing up, loading everything in the car – it’s my last teaching day at Stitchin’ Heaven and I’ll be moving on to Eustice for a one day workshop at Greenbriar Retreat.   HOME on MONDAY!

It’s a Texas Sized whirlwind of go go go!

4_22_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage double-knit polyester hexagon quilt found in Alabama.

Dreams don't become a reality all by themselves. Keep at it, and make them happen!

Have a wonderful Saturuday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. The perfect way to end a day on your feet! I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a large fun group... how did the pretty lady with blond hair and that WONDERFUL Madras looking bright plaid shirt ever it out of the place with it in tact??? OH that would be beautiful iin a quilt... scissors please!

    Hugs
    JUlieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to have a little spoiling along with the teaching...what a beautiful quilt you all were making!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice a year for the past 13 years 8 friends and I have retreated at the Bunkhouse in Quitman and shopped at Stitchin Heaven. This past February we had our picture made in front of the Longhorn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun at your retreat Finally saw a picture of the Arkansas group with my friend Mary Lou. She does beautiful work. I am a little "green" right now with wishing I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful time with great quilting friends. Thanks again, Bonnie, for a lovely class, visit and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Greenbriar. Judy and the girls spoil us rotten -- many gals in our group retreat there twice a year (or more if we can get away with it!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog, Bonnie, but my ADD does not like the flashing ads. I know the reason for their existence but they do give me an almost instant headache. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely. Query to Quiltville... is the red featherweight a 're-furb' or did they come in that gorgeous color?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)