>>>>

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Just Treadle!

20160429_121029
It was a strip set kind of day on the porch.

A repeat of the day before, only blissfully, no rain causing us to haul everything inside in the midst of a thunderstorm.

I’ve been working on the sashings for the H blocks, and it’s been a slow process, but a rewarding one.

Sometimes we tend to rush through a whole process without thinking it through, and without finding pleasure in the production.  My time up here this weekend is about slowing down, taking time, enjoying each and every moment.

Yes, there is a little IKEA floor lamp shining light on my presser foot area, if you look closely you can see it.

The treadle cabinet doesn’t have much extra space for desk lamps, and the motion of the treadle sometimes can have stuff scooting right off the table top and on to the floor.  I have a few of these floor lamps as well as the table lamps and clip ons ---call it equal opportunity lighting, the right light source for every given task.

Add to the mix that I was sewing with black thread on black fabric…I needed that light not only to see what I was doing, but to help illuminate the needle so I could see to thread the darn thing.

You know the light is bad when you can’t even see to get the needle threader through the eye of the needle!

While all of this was going on, I was being closely supervised:


20160429_130445

From the sunny spot on the driveway!

Until, sun warmed and satisfied:

20160429_130453

Hahaha!

Doesn’t this look like it feels really GOOD to her?

Soaking up the Vitamin D!

Hot stone therapy?


This hike happened mid morning, before the hot stone nap!

It was a good leg stretch for me too, about 2 1/2 miles.  It’s so hilly here that my fit bit had told me that i had done over 60 flights of stairs by the end of the day.  No wonder that afternoon nap felt so good!

20160429_141611-1

Later that afternoon…

While I love my vintage machines, I love modern technology and my Accuquilt Studio! I treadled the strip sets, then sub-cut them on the studio.

I did a quick count, I only have half the number that I need so far. There will be more treadle machine action on the porch, weather permitting.  If not, there can be treadling inside, or I can always hit an electric machine.  Don’t you just love having OPTIONS?!  The whole key is matching your seam allowance so that you can sew on whatever machine you want, whenever you want to.

20160429_202116-1-1

Waiting for Jeff to arrive!

Barefoot. Binding. Netflix. Person of Interest. Sleepy dog. All is right in my world!  I finished the binding, hanging sleeve, and stitching of the label while waiting for Jeff to arrive after he got off of work.

This mama is so happy to have her son up here for the weekend!  We plan to go exploring on the 4 wheelers when the weather improves a bit, I even baked cookies I was feeling so blissfully domestic last evening!

Photo of the full finished quilt to come as soon as I take them.

Making memories is high on my list.  While Jeff is here with me, my Dad is visiting my brother Scott in Idaho.  I am so grateful for things like Facebook that let me in on the shenanigans THEY are up to and I am so happy that they are making memories together too.

dadscott1

Hahahah!!!

If you happened to be visiting the Old Idaho Penitentiary yesterday, you may have seen these two crooks running around!  I so love that my family can be silly together!

4_30_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage Star crib quilt found in Sioux Falls South Dakota last week.

Sometimes our everyday routine moments become our happiest memories. I am cherishing the every day routine of it all!
 
My goal today is to find joy and pleasure in every day ordinary things.
 
Have a blissful Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!



11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your domestic bliss. Recharge those batteries and I'll see you soon at the Grand Hotel. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a Dobie/Lab who developed arthritis as she aged. Laying in the warmth of the sun was soooo comfortable for her. Someone who was walking pass our place came to the door screaming at me for 'abusing my dog'! Then didn't bother to stay for me to let her know THE VET suggested at least 1/2 hour in the sun several times a day.
    Sadie looks warm sleepy and happy. GOOD MOMMY-ING BONNIE!

    Hugs and smiles
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a big white box on the video that you posted today and the one yesterday as well. Is something new? Do you have any hints on what I should do? You seem to know the ins and outs of all this far better then we.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, I'm a newby to your blog, having happily stumbling upon it recently. I have just retired & have closed my Alterations shop in Annapolis, Md. Now is my time to sew what I want. Hello quilts, vintage linens & lace. Goodbye prom dresses & wedding gowns. I'll be following your adventures & hope to learn so much. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:27 PM EDT

    I went to a small quilt show, in Oakville, Ontario Canada, for some me time today. Low and behold, Bonnie inspired Celtic Solstice and Allietare were there, in there beautiful splendour. Arrived home refreshed and inspired to finish the 5 baby quilts in progress for gifts.
    Too cool here to be sewing outside but the sun is warm coming in the window.
    Enjoy your me time Bonnie,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:38 AM EDT

    I, like Susie Q., just have a box, no video, both today and yesterday. Hate missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No video either :( But enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making memories...eating cookies with your kiddo!!! Homemade cookies with ice cream inbetween are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you and Sadie relaxing, she's a great gal and you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when you post a video, all I am getting is white box. Are you doing something different

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't have any problem with the video. What a perfect setting for a walk! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)