>>>>

Monday, November 30, 2015

Mystery Monday Link-Up! Allietare, Part 1!

7aee70b3-ca1a-4176-824a-e16dec02e3c5
Oh, I love this part of our Mystery process!

Today I get to see what YOU are making with your clues!

This photo was sent in by Connie during yesterday's Quilt-Cam showing her completed step 1 units.

Great job, Connie!

Our Monday Link-Ups will happen every Monday while the Mystery runs and then after 30 days or so  past reveal we will do ANOTHER Link Up to see how quilts are coming.  Then perhaps another 90 days past reveal we can do a final one.

That said, I want to reiterate that the mystery is NOT a race!  You can take as long as you need to finish your quilt!

I have some fun photos and a story to share with you!

Check this out!

51dfc3b3-04fe-4e64-bed0-391f050c5d70

It’s a Kick Off Party Allietare Cake!

4069bdb1-167d-45d0-b9cd-907bcc6abc10

Partners in Quilt Crime, Andee and Kathy!

Andee writes:

Hi Bonnie,

We held the third annual Quiltville Mystery Kickoff in Chandler today! 

1a0f9547-dd43-4aa3-a5e7-2f937aa250e0

We had a fabulous day of sewing and sharing with plenty of laughter and fun! 

23c1a9d7-e4c0-4687-95db-c4beba19ca23

Nine of the ladies from last year were able to bring their completed Grand Illusion quilts from last year’s mystery for show and tell. 

6a6d4c80-22fa-4b59-9eb5-af1197e0cd7f

Wrapped in Grand Illusion Love!

We enjoyed posing to show them off and then had to do a photo with duck lips too!  Of course we had a potluck and a special cake to round off our celebration.  We gifted labels to each attendee too. 
We even had a first time new convert to mystery quilts and Quiltville!  SEW much fun to share all the different ways to make HST's and to learn that everyone has a different way to do them--in the end they just need to measure what they are supposed to measure and it is all good.

0ad783fc-2986-481b-9ea2-e7c9ccc0cbb2

Thank you once again for taking your time and talent and sharing this mystery with us for FREE.  We are truly blessed and really appreciate all you do for quilters young and old, new and experienced.  Each mystery is a gift we unwrap clue by clue. 
THANK YOU!
Andee and all the Quiltvillians in AZ
So the point is – even if it takes you a YEAR, MAKE IT FUN!  Thanks for sharing your kick off party with us, Andee!

10388084_10153763037658909_998104677493548988_n

I am looking forward to seeing your  Allietare progress!  You may remember the drill from last year, but just in case there are newbies amongst us, may I present you once more with the small print:
 
If you have never participated in a Link-Up before, the first thing I want you to do is to read the entire tutorial I wrote about Link-Ups HERE so you can know a few things before you dive in head first.

There is a lot of good information there that will help you understand things like WHY we need the address or URL of your individual specific post, not just your main blog address.  It will show you how to FIND the correct URL and link it correctly.
 
If you are adding a Pinterest photo and have never linked up with us before, Click to read the Pinterest tutorial  HERE.
 
Remember, if you link to your main blog, and not the specific post I will have to delete your entry and have you try again because I can’t fix it for you.
 
To find the URL for the specific post, go to your blog and click on the title of the post you want to link.  Look in the address bar at the top of your browser.  The address of your post should end in .html  NOT .com!
 
PLEASE LEAVE OFF the http:// part at the beginning of your blog address when you fill in your info below . The form auto-adds that for you.   If I were linking, my address would start with Quiltville.blogspot.com/  NOT http://Quiltville.blogspot.com/
 
Also: If you are linking from a mobile device – PLEASE delete the last /?=m  from the URL before posting! Those of us on a computer will get a really awkward looking page if you post your mobile URL from your tablet or phone. Your link should end in .html or just /
 

*NOTE* Your blog address does NOT include the @ symbol!  That's for email addresses only, and that won't work in the linky either!

If you don’t have a blog you may link to your Flickr photo or Allietare Album that you have created ((Not your whole account, please make it specific)) Or a photo you have posted on Pinterest sharing your progress ((Also specific, not your whole profile))  You can not link to Facebook.  Any posts linking to a Facebook profile will be deleted.
 
Your blog, Flickr, Google+ Pinterest or Instagram photo must be view-able to ALL, not just a handful of people that you have invited.  If your blog, Flickr, Instagram or Pinterest is private, please don't link up.  It's frustrating to those who click to view and are told they can't because of your privacy settings.

If you leave the URL http:// field BLANK, your entry will be deleted.  You can't post a photo that doesn't go anywhere.
 

You can link ANY progress of ANY step on any of the Link-Ups.
 
For instance, if we are on a Link-Up for part 6 – and you are just on part 1, you can still link that.  Just SHARE where you are!
 
In your blog post, Flickr or Pinterest, Google+ or Instagram photo – PLEASE include a link back to THIS POST not just a link to Quiltville.blogspot.com.  I often post more than once a day, so if someone clicks a link on your page to just my main address – they likely won’t find the link-up. That will only take them to the most recent post on the blog.  They won't find any of the other links that people have taken time to place on this page.  It will be a dead end street for them.

Please link back to me using the entire URL for this post:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2015/11/mystery-monday-link-up-allietare-part-1.html
 
Don't BE the DEAD END STREET!
 
Make your links (Both yours and mine) post specific.
 
New links can be added until Sunday, December 6th at 11:55pm EST.
 
Let's share!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. Yesterday on quilt cam you were asking us to leave comments about where we are from and a little about ourselves but I don't see how to do that with the link info.
    Could you please explain how you would like us to do that?

    I have company coming on Wed. and have not done the first thing to get ready so... do I go finish my clue one or clean my house and get some food shopping done? Mmmmmmmm tough one!!
    Thanks Bonnie, I always enjoy the mystery so very much.
    Enjoy your time at home and Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Link-up! Eye candy on the Blog today. I hope to get a group working on the Allietare Mystery at our LQS this week or next. The shop is willing, will they come??? Gonna be a fun time at the Quilt shop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year, I really AM glad it's not a race! I am so far behind in general, I'm not sure I'll ever catch. You amaze me with your ability to do so much! Thank you for your example - something to strive toward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the excitement of what is sure to be another fabulous BH quilt. I've never known a quilt designer who is as energetic and generous as you are!

    Love the story from the ladies in AZ!! Never wanted to live there before, but would love to join that group - what a great bunch of ladies. Would love to see the Grand Illusion in red and white a little better... They are all lovely, but I don't think I saw any in that colorway before.

    Today's link ups look great! Having been away last week, I'm about to start cutting; hopefully will be sewing by tomorrow. Darned work, it gets in the way of the things I want to do.

    I'm looking forward to each step of the mystery. The colors you've suggested are so warm and inviting so I will follow them rather than make any substitutions. Last year's GI is done up to the reveal stage, but it has now gone BACK to the back burner. Couldn't pass up this year's and have challenged myself to keep up this year.

    Thank you again, Bonnie. Small words, but I hope you know how heartfelt they are.

    Peace and Joy,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:41 AM EST

    That's my photo at the top - Woo-Hoo! And Bonnie playing Itsy Bitsy spider on Quilt Cam. LOL! Actually,I think she was explaining how to measure the completed units. Love the colors for this year's mystery.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the work you do to set up for these mystery quilt alongs. This is my third year to participate and though I rarely keep up, I really enjoy sewing along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie,
    This is the first time I am attempting to do one of your mysteries. The only social media that I am enrolled with is Facebook (and I only use that very rarely) and I do not have a blog account. I don't even know how to create a Blog account. Can you tell me how I can go about linking up or if I should just try to follow along with the clues?

    Thank you for any help you can give me
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so neat to see the group finishes of the ladies who work on the mystery together each year. Thank you for another fun year of Bonnie Hunter mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commented on every one of the links! I hope to keep up all mystery and do that..so much fun to see them all come together! I always find a new quilty friend or two along the way. Thanks for making us all smile during the hectic holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so inspired by seeing everyone's choices of the constant grays. I'm following along through the instructions and all the progress photos. My plan is temporarily derailed as my son has been hospitalized for the last two weeks and isn't coming home soon. He has quadriplegia, so we do not leave him alone. Oh, for an 8'table (and the space to put it) in his hospital room! I'd be cranking out some mystery units! This is the first time I planned to do the mystery and I was so excited for the first clue. But by that Friday we were still fearing for his life. I've learned over the eleven years since his spinal cord injury that most things I might have stressed over don't really matter at all. Keeping up the pace of quilt unit steps doesn't stress me because of the freedom to work when I can. Any mom would feel the same. So I hope to join you when he is released. Love the Linky pix!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)