>>>>

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Quilt-Cam 5/12/15

annika1
Isn’t this pretty?

It’s Annika’s variation on my Sister’s Choice pattern from the Free Patterns tab!

Looks like she has added in some sew & flip cormers to add some interest to the areas where blocks join other blocks…see how it changes the look?

She writes:
Hi Bonnie
Annika (Swedish Leo) here. I am typing this in advance because when quilt cam is live here it is around 03:00 and that is a bit late to stay up when I have to go to work the next day.
I will catch you on YouTube later!
I am glad that you had such wonderful time in Italy!
It felt like I was there to through your blog!
I am working on this quilt, farmers daughter or sisters choice.


aniika2

Close up view!

I am wondering if I am on the right track color wise?

Not so good picture, but is there ok balance between the with light and darker colors?

Thank you so much for all that you do! It is so much appreciated!
Sincerely
Annika from Sweden
I would say YES YES YES!  It is looking great!
 
Those little corners make such a great addition to an otherwise blank space, don’t they?
 
Thank you for sharing your progress, Annika – I can’t wait to see how you complete it!
 
I also promised we’d do our drawing for the 3 winners of the 100 blocks Vol 11 issues!
 
First winner was # 734:
 
734_1
 
Apple Blossom!  Thank you for having your email visible in your profile!
 
Winner #2 is entry # 142:
 
142_1
 
Congrats!  I’ve emailed you to let you know!
 
And Tada!!  Our Grand Prize Winner, #445!
 
445_1

PCFlamingo!!
 
Get me your snail mail address so I can get this goodie out to you!
 
I am leaving in the morning –so if I don’t hear from you before I go, your prizes will be sent upon my return home from Alaska – deal?? 
 
As for me…it’s been absolutely crazy around here.  I just got home from Tuscany 2 days ago.  I’m not in my own time zone and this is the ONLY time I have to sit at the sewing machine before we leave.
 
Remember my lozenges from last time? We got all the rows assembled…
 
 
This is as far as we got!
 
Tonight I’m joining rows!
 
Or pinning.  Mostly pinning.  Because all of those points have to be pinned to meet before sewing….and this is going to be boring, so why don’t you come join me and keep me busy?
 
Click the arrow on the screen below to start the feed!  It’s Quilt-Cam time!




Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie...Mary here from Idaho...I'm pinning tonight as well although my seams are much shorter than what you're working with. Glad you had a great trip and enjoy your time in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have guild in an hour but Had to catch you before I go. I've been stitching our Final Lotto block in the A-Z that I've been sharing from Quilter's Cache. I put the Blocks together and got them mostly sewn. Nice that you can pin while we have QuiltCam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, Loved your Italy pictures. I'm cutting strips for your Scrappy Bargello class when you come to North East, PA in June. Jilly and I are also taking your class in Jamestown NY 2 days before. We can't wait to see you!!! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Bonnie! I am happy to be here with you live as I am un sewing a mistake that I made on my Grand Illusion as I was sewing rows together. Oh My Gosh, I accidentally left out one of the doubled sashing units on the end of a row of blocks! So glad I caught the mistake before quilting, LOL! Love all your trip pictures, thanks for sharing!!! Vic in NH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie from Southern California! So happy for quilt cam tonight! I am cutting for my three remaining blocks for a 1930's Trisket, A Tasket BOM while watching quilt cam in a coffee shop. I am looking forward to meeting you in June in Auburn, Ca. For Cathedral Stars workshop! Have a wonderful time in Alaska! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:35 PM EDT

    Hey bonnie!! Hasp to join you for quilt cam. Working on 9-patches for hopscotch -butterscotch pattern. Looking forward to retreat in iowa.
    Meliza in Corpus Christi, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you could only use one straight stitch vintage machine which one would you use. Want to purchase one but need an expert opinion as to which is best (sorry if this is a duplicate post my phone glitched)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, how many bricks are you adding to that quilt? rows? Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you quilted your last hexi quilt? How do you finish your hexi quilts - hand or machine quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer10:14 PM EDT

    Bonnie,
    This is Jennifer from Choctaw, OK. I love how giving you are to the quilting community and you are so appreciated for it!!!! I'm curious how you store all your quilts. My beds, cabinets, couches and you name it has a quilt or two on it. I'm getting overwhelmed with them and don't want to let them go as I give many away already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:27 PM EDT

    Hi Bonnie ... The second Quiltcam that I have been able to watch live, but I can't figure out how to comment while you are "On the Air". Carole from Altoona, PA - Finally got to retire at the end of April!!! Signed up for two days at Mary's QS in Bedford (Aug) and wondered if you need a loaner machine while you are there. Would be happy to loan you one of mine if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie, thanks for quilt cam tonight. I'm doing hexies and watching the hockey game while I watch. Enjoy Alaska. Am I hearing right, the hubster is going too? Neat !
    Thanks again,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo Stovall12:24 AM EDT

    Thank you for Quilt Cam 5-12-15 Bonnie. Enjoyed all the pictures you shared from Italy. Have a wonderful time in Alaska!
    jo_stovall@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iam ready to star a new top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for quilt came.Have a great trip in Alaska. What a world traveler you are. Glad hubby gets to go this time. And Sadie?
    Robin quiltnrobin@nwi.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like different! I like creative, but I need help. This book might just be my help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dianne Holder dholder@surry.net
    I know I would love the book. I love string quilts and scrappy quilts

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)