>>>>

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Quilt-Cam 5/27/2015

Check out Michelle's progress on her Spoolin' Around Leader & Ender challenge from a few years back!  She sent this along during LAST Quilt-Cam before I left for Alaska!

She writes:
Hi Bonnie!  I'm a couple years late, but a friend and I are swapping spool block kits and I'm using them for my leaders and enders.
When I get about 100, I sew them into 4 patch blocks to use in my future Spoolin' Around quilt...and that's what I'm sewing tonight while watching.  Have a good trip!!

You know, there is no deadline on any project EVER -- at least not when it is a Leader & Ender project!  If you haven't chosen anything yet to make --you can find the block pattern for Spoolin' Around under the Free Patterns Tab at the top of the blog!  It's EASY and you will use up loads of  1.5" strips in the process.

Doing it with a friend and swapping block kits is another way to build the anticipation as well as the variety.  It's all fun and games in the Leader & Ender department!

 Speaking of Leaders & Enders --

The last time we met I had gotten this far on my Lozenges, and they were still in this position when I arrived home from Alaska:


There are only 4 seams left to go...but this is a pinning nightmare..loads of pins required, remember?

I took the time just a bit ago to PIN one more seam --


Tonight I'll be working on these 4 seams to finally finish this top...I'd like to get it quilted SOON!

Come join me - bring a project, sew along --or press something, organize something, cut something --just join me!

Click the arrow below to start the feed!






Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 PM EDT



    Connie Weller and I got together last weekend to work on Jamestown Landing. She is doing hers in blue and mine is in reds. I finished the final string blocks and am working on stars. Hope to have it done for Bedford in August. Can bring you a loaner machine if you need one.

    Carole Diehl

    Bistry@atlanticbb.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go to a grandson's baseball game so I'm watching late tonight. I have some lines to draw for tiny HST's. Working on my Blue and White Loyal Union Sampler Block of the week. They are tiny 6" blocks. Happy the Book editing is working out for the next book. My last UFO I finished was from 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie... for the past couple of weeks, I have not been getting your Facebook updates, etc. Has something changed? I miss your daily posts!!
    Betsy Davis
    badputts@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Bonnie!
    Too much light to sleep would bother me also; night should be dark!! When you were on quiltcam, you were wearing a coral colored top that is beautiful on you. You own that color, girl! I'm watching on archives 'cause I forgot and fell asleep last night, but good luck with your publisher conference in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)