>>>>

Friday, June 03, 2011

We Came, We Sewed, We Conquered!


Or would that be, We Came, We Sewed, We Wilted!! ((IN THE HEAT!!))

Sometimes, the a/c just can not keep up. There is no getting around it. It gives a good try at it, and if you get it really cold in the room to start off with in the early morning hours, you might think it will help matters, but you know what? When it’s 100 degrees out? By 3pm in the heat of the afternoon, that poor a/c unit going “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can”….just says…..”I can’t keep up!”

It was that kind of day yesterday….and into last evening! But quilters are troopers…besides, a bit of sweat is good to clean our pores,

I heard one lady saying last night “Yes, I’m feeling a bit dewy, bless us all” in her sweet Southern Texas drawl…LOVE IT!!

Me however? I knew it was REALLY hot during my lecture when I could feel the sweat drip off my elbows and down onto the floor…lol! But what a fun night!

We had a great time playing in the scraps for the Cathedral Stars workshop yesterday. And on those occasions where the guild has their meeting the night BEFORE the workshop, I often hear stories from students the next morning with tales like “I was so excited I had to go dig into my scraps and push the boundaries a bit farther with my fabric choices!” Or…”I felt so guilty about what I was tossing out that I dug back into my trashcan!” Or…”That fabric that I was going to donate --- Well--- do you think they would mind if I un-donated some of it, I think I want to use it!” It’s a win-win any way you look at it!

There are a couple photos that might not quite belong with the others! Sally had brought her Jared Takes A Wife blocks that she had started up in Pigeon Forge in March to show me her progress, and her fabrics are so pretty, I left those in the slide show too!

After the workshop, we made a beeline for Sonic! It’s hot….we’d been sewing like crazy fools, and what is better than Happy Hour 1/2 price cherry limeades? Yes, I admit it. I bank where I do, because there is a sonic across the street, and I will strategically place my bank run at a time when I can make good use of Happy Hour at Sonic! DH used to work for the company that made the ice cream for Sonic when we lived here in Texas, so that place is near and dear to my heart!

From there on…..it was DROP OFF time! Ginger and I met up with the ladies from the Kingwood guild at It’s A Stitch! What a better place to meet and drop off than a quilt shop?

HoustonTxJune2011 055

Look look look at the sewing notions on the black on white! I bought 3 1/3 yard cuts..and a selection of FQs. I loved the bicycles!

The coral-y orange piece? I love geometric prints. And it’s an oddball color…which means I needed it. I’m not sure what for, but it was 1/2 price.

Today is a Star Struck workshop with the Kingwood guild. I’m really looking forward to it. My pick up is in 1/2 hour so I better get a move on. It’s been a whirlwind visit, and I head home tomorrow…..

And OH!! I just got a Text message!

HoustonTxJune2011 056

Welcome to the world, Michelle! we are so glad you are here! I can’t wait to get home to NC so I can hold you!

Is there anything sweeter than a new baby?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 PM EDT

    You do Sonic !! They taught we how to REALLY drink..... today I am stuck at the house from now until UPS comes so have to drink water.....

    OH I understand Texas heat now that I see you are at the Woodlands. Need one A/C to cool the air and one A/C to DRY the air...

    Let's sew... posting as anonomous as blogger eats my comment and boots me off any other id that I try....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your best to stay cool...or at least hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-U-T-E Baby! WOw! Wonderful news.
    Love that B&W fabric with the notions, I believe you must have needed all of those!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)