>>>>

Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's A Top!!




Here's a pic of Charlotte working on her Carolina Crossroads! She is doing blue/yellow/neutral and it is really turning out nice!

I've had fun sewing with her! I even moved my laptop to the kitchen and hooked the webcam up to it, and we had virtual retreat with Lucy! She was sewing on her featherweight working on her mennonite quilt while we were sewing on ours...Live on webcam! It was so fun, we could hear her little featherweight just humming away through the speakers on my lap top.

It got to be her bed time, so we said goodnight to her, and kept on sewing! We had pizza delivered...and kept on sewing!

My top center is together. And I'm taking a break to pull fabrics for borders! Charlotte is still working on hers...I told her to stay as long as she wants and keep sewing! I've got to start loading the car for going up to Winston Salem in the morning, but having her sewing makes the chore more bearable!

DH bought a Queen sized mattress/boxsprings today that is going to be in Jeff's room. We are also buying a futon for Jeff's room, so at least we won't be doing the "sleep on an air mattress on the floor and camp out" as bad as I thought we were. It's a compromise!

Yesterday I ordered the appliances from Sears. I went online and they had many items on sale for the weekend, and if you bought 3 or more items, you got 20% off EVERYTHING! So I feel like we really saved a lot and got a good deal on the appliances. The stove and washer/dryer will be delivered tuesday. The dishwasher will come later, on the 17th.

So little by little..it's all coming together!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie....your bargello looks really pretty and I am wondering if I need to "arrange" the color placement or can I just grab whatever to sew ... Charlotte, I really like your choice of colors; mine is the same....the yellow really makes the star blocks pop!
    Scrappy quilty bargello hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is wonderful! I love the colors in this one! And what fun to virtually sew with Lucy! Now that is fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)