>>>>

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Van Is Here!!


They showed up at 7:45! We weren't expecting them til 9am so there was a lot of running around to move cars out of the drive and garage, etc.....

I had luckily taken my shower and had dressed by the time they showed up!

The first thing I had to do was take a pic of the truck for Lucy! When she came to visit me here in the US, her first trip to America, she was amazed at how BIG the trucks are. So here you go, Lucy! My whole HOUSE is loaded onto this truck with no room to spare!

The first thing to come off the truck is the hot tub! It is going to go in the gazebo part of the deck, which I absolutely love. We had to remove a railing to get it up there, and I'll get pics of the process...here it is eagerly waiting the tub to be put into place!



One big ICKY!! When the guys were looking up under the accoustical tile ceiling in my sewing room to find where the cables for the tv etc ran...they found..A SNAKE SKIN!!!! ::::: insert a panicked squeal from me ::::: It was SO GROSS. It was crunchy and old, so hopefully there is no snake still in my ceiling! It was right there in the insulation! Poor snake..what a bad place to peel off your skin...up against fiberglass insulation? Itchy!!

Oh, the joy of life in the country!

Okay...I better get back to supervising!! Back with updates later!

14 comments:

  1. Your new place looks beautiful. All those trees and the gazebo! I'm so excited for you. I know it's a lot of work but...it's so worth it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place looks great. Be sure to share more pictures with us.

    Enjoy (though there will be headaches) the new chapter in your life of having a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our last move involved a big truck like your's with our utility trailer strapped on the OUTSIDE of the rear doors...

    Unbelievable how much can be fit into one of those trucks!

    Good luck with the rest of today (and may there be no more snake skins!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so exciting. A year ago I swore I'd never move again but seeing the van there, remembering the excitement of starting over in a new (to me) place, makes me *almost* want to do it again. Have fun getting things where you want them and getting unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bonnie!! i ached for all of the stripping you're having to do (been there, did that a couple of years ago. SO NOT FUN!!)...but what really stopped me dead in my tracks was *THE SNAKE SKIN*!!!
    you are SUCH a trooper! if i was in your shoes, i'd tell the moving guys to keep EVERYTHING loaded and i'd hightail it outta there! i kid you not. snakes are the *absolute* worse thing, imho. ick, ick ICK!!
    thankfully we have only seen about 3 in the 16 years we've lived here, and they weren't even around the house. oh my gosh....BLECK!! gives me the shivers just thinkin' about it. you deserve an award in my book! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Call me. I need to hear from you when you can breathe. There could be lunch involved, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one big truck! I can see why they might need maneuvering room for it.
    A snake skin! Oh, joy! I thought I had it bad with all the dried out lizard skins in the corners when we moved into our last house. I think I prefer lizard to snake, tho. Both are yuck!
    Your home is looking so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Lucy, trucks in the US are enormous, and there's lots of them on the roads. Very disconcerting when you're driving a tiny rental car on the other side of the road.

    Keep up the good work Bonnie, it will all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of excitment, and good luck with the new arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are finally home and getting settled in. I bet that snake is in South Carolina by now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an award for you:). Come and get it: http://scrappynhappy.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-very-first-award.html

    Bloggy hugs!

    Phyl

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I get back to the states you can borrow MacBeth for a few days...he loves to hunt snakes!

    The house looks great. The backyard is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY! That is a hill for the movers to come down! But somehow they manage, they always do. It's amazing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bonnie....it is Valentine's Day and I hope you can take some time out with your hubby and family and celebrate. Your new home looks really nice....hot tub...great! snakes....not so good. I would exited the house so quickly, it would have spun the delivery guys!!! Oh well, life in the country! Looking forward to your pictures of your new home all set up....HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
    hugggssss
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)