Have you ever been so excited about an idea for a quilt that you couldn't wait to dig into fabric and make it happen?
Just be sure that you don't dive in with too much confidence all so sure of yourself and thinking you've got it all right in your yead only to find out that you've sewn things all wrong!
What is that old adage? "Measure twice, cut once?"
Well, things were cut all right...but then sewn together all wrong!
How can that happen, you ask?
Cut and cut and cut some more.
All cut with right sides already together so they are ready to sew.
How can I screw this up you ask?
I sewed the blue triangles on the wrong side of the yellow.
And pressed them. And de-dog-eared them. And they were beautiful.
But wrong.
And no, you can't simply rotate them to be the other thing because then the borders don't turn the corners on the quilt correctly. *SIGH*
Don't look at me - I'm not the one who did it!
So I baggied up the bumbles and started over. There was no shortage of fabric as these are extra scrappy - that's a save right there.
And I did myself a something good as I dug through my string bins of blues and yellows for hunks and chunks big enough to get even ONE quarter-square triangle out of each piece. No fat-quarters were diminished in this process of starting over again.
These needed to be sewn "Yellow-side-up" instead of "Blue-side-up" for them to work.
And this is as far as I got. inner border and outer border will go on Today. Whew.
As to those wrong pieces? They'll end up somewhere in something. Maybe in the back? We'll see. I'd like to see this being loaded into the long arm this weekend.
Meanwhile next door at the retreat -
Where's my treat, and who are these new ladies?
The new ladies are busy making quilts!
How cute is this?
This is a free PDF pattern from Tilda called Tiny Farm and you can download the PDF pattern HERE.
There are also some big projects in progress -
Needling bigger design floor space!
Tula fabrics becoming:
Blocks for making:
Main Street by Villa Rosa.
We've got Autumn pumpkins -
And even a sleepy dragon for a grandchild on the way.
Dragon Dreams by Astrid Bordush.
Some free form piecing by Giusy Giuse.
Darling Sampler Flags
With itty-bitty piecing!
This was a sew-along with Primitive Gatherings.
A George crossing the Delaware is being surrounded by stars and bars.
A baby quilt is being prepped for some machine quilting.
Rolling Stone blocks from a layer cake - so pretty!
A tiny forest of trees is sprouting up!
A quilt for a son's bed is coming together.
And I'm happy to report that the Quilting Quarters are holding steady in the keeping everyone cool department thanks to this little unit. We are counting down the days - new wall unit comes TUESDAY!
Today will be our hottest day this week so we'll see how things go.
No matter what, it's a Party Time!
Last Day To Save!
Intro Pricing: I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through TODAY 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.
If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.
If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.
Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!
Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''
*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.
A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)
As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.
If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.
Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.
Today: I'm hoping to gather some gals for a dirt road hike - it was only 55f degrees this morning when I woke up. Temps will climb into the 80s today...but it should be lovely for a walk this morning.
Deep tissue guy this afternoon for the shoulder/between the shoulder blades issue.
Dry needling yesterday and the progress is good. There is no longer a palpable knot in the muscle. But we keep working on it.
And also mitigating bad habits like slouching, putting my head down to look at my phone for too long, taking breaks when hand stitching (also has me in a head down position and it's a hard habit to break!)
Stretches, Loads of stretches.
Getting older is no picnic, but I have too many quilts I want to make to let this curtail me!
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
This is the time of year where things start to double and triple up as far as projects go!
I don't want any of them to go by the wayside, I somehow need to find more hours in the day and the ability to clone myself.
I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
Have a fabulous Friday, everyone -

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)