>>>>

Friday, June 28, 2024

Thursdays Are For Quilting!


Let me just tell you that trying to get photos where everyone is in their spot and not running off to elsewhere in the house for whatever it is is a challenge!

Herding quilters can be as difficult as herding cats!

But I caught this blissful scene yesterday morning and all where in their places with bright smiling faces!

I love coming in the morning to the hustle and bustle and hum of the machines - barely heard over the ever present chatter and laughter of quilters on retreat.


Wait a minute - there is one missing from this photo!

There should be six on this side. I only see five.


The missing one is back!  But now someone else is gone.  LOL!


Other magical things happened throughout the day. 


One block became three, with more to come.


Emerald City from String Frenzy is coming together!


Wild & Goosey from the Addicted to Scraps book is growing on the design wall!


Gingham Pumpkins!

(Is this a Fig Tree design?)

I guess Fall isn't that far off, but I don't want to think about it yet.


Half a Carpenter's Star -


Was nearly a full Carpenter's Star by the time I was headed for home!


I came up the back porch steps to find that there was peaceful hand quilting happening in one of the rocking chairs - My heart leaped for joy!


All o that echo quilting by hand - lovely!

I believe she said it was a Barbara Brachman design.  If you have the info please post it in the comments.  Hand applique and hand quilting - wonderful! And a great way to enjoy the back porch while getting some stitches in.

As for me? Click to Play:


Trimming of strings happened at my office until:


I decided that things must be much more fun next door and took my pieces over to the inn to do the monotonous job of trimming many units while enjoying some great company!


Still a long way to go - but making progress.

Oh, and -


This is the front of the unknown back!

Thanks to those who took photos of both sides! LOL!

Today - HAIR CUT DAY, and boy, do I need it.

Judy's Stitchers are headed out for some quilt shop hopping and lunch on the town, so I'll be done about the time they are back and we'll pick up where we left off.

How about your own Friday? Are you ready for the weekend?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

My sons would agree 100% to this!

Rolling your eyes could get you grounded around here depending on the circumstances.

Good times! 

Happy Friday, everyone!


 

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM EDT

    Yes, eye rolling was not tolerated by my father! We were in trouble if we eye rolled. I am grateful to parents that set boundaries and expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM EDT

    What is the name of the unknown front with the pieced back? I love it! Catherine H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:36 PM EDT

      Idaho Square Dance. I am just finishing my version now!

      Delete
  3. This new quilt you are working on is intriguing! Can't wait to see it complete. I love the brown/red star blocks with the flower in the center. That one will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the name of the front of the wonderful back?

    (This is starting to sound like a kids' song, a la 'there a flea on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea...'

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herding cats can be done if you involve food.🐱

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! My son used to roll his eyes so far up in his head we thought they would get lost. I wanted to be mad but ended up laughing hysterically which would make him so mad he looked like he had mad cow disease!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:24 PM EDT

    I spy some of my friends from Jackson Quilters. Hey, y'all. Miss you. Janice Cate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, eye-rolling was considered sass and was grounds for instant discipline. There is really some gorgeous things happening at the Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i too would be interested in the quilt pattern that is thought to be by barbara brackman...intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh... I love this post today! So much inspiration! I am sure that the job of trimming is done a lot better with company! :)
    This weekend I am working on some patriotic projects... & then I am going to tackle a few UFO's before heading back to school in a month... (shudders!) HA!
    oh, & the quote was spot on, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:44 AM EDT

    I am intrigued by the Barbara Brachman design (looks like a Christmas time quilt). I have looked for it. Does anyone know who the pattern is written by and the name of the pattern? Thank you, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)