>>>>

Monday, September 26, 2022

Quilting Through The Weekend!


This is what I love to see when walking past the Quilting Quarters at Quiltville Inn!

So many machines running...so many projects up on design walls!

And the weather stayed pretty good until Sunday afternoon - but even on Sunday with a downpour and some power blipping (Thank heavens for the Generac ready to power up at all times!) the ladies kept on quilting on!

Everywhere you look - there was more quilty eye candy to be seen!


How is YOUR Rockabilly Swing coming along?


This star in only short some background corners!


Blackford's Beauty blocks well on the way!


Anything that chains in red and white - beautiful!


Diamond Tile blocks for a special sister who loves the beach!


Terry also dove into a block of the month project.


January's block - so cute!


Grassy Creek is almost a top ALMOST!


Kathy is working on this one from 1 1/2'' X 2 1/2'' bricks of EVERYTHING.


Looks like meal time has moved indoors.

We are almost October.  The summer days of breakfast and coffee on the porch may be behind us, but it is still nice late in the afternoon before dinner.

I'm sad to see the porch time go - but what a wonderful porch season we've had!


It's still nice enough for a fire pit though!


Sweatshirts are optional -


Look what is hanging in the side yard!

Yes - the killer swing.


More heavy duty chain.  And a decision to hang it from the strongest bough instead of a pole.


Do I dare?  YES! I DO!

When you fall off the horse (or the swing falls) get back up on it.  But do you see what is on the grass?


The chestnuts are falling!  Accckkk!

Several fell just while I was standing there, so I am more afraid of falling chestnuts than I am of sitting on a tree swing. Those needles are SHARP and pokey.  

I guess fall really IS here. The good, the bad, the awful. Chestnuts are awful - but I do love these old trees.


And I love how things are becoming more visible once again - now that the leaves are falling.


I even found some time to assemble some Triple Treat blocks!

How are yours coming along?


And of course you saw that this week was the pattern release for Ditch Lilies!

WOW!  Just WOW!  I am so thrilled that you are liking this quilt!

If you love bear paw units, blocks that chain, and log cabin blocks - this is the quilt for you!

On the gift-away post you'll find a google docs form.  Just put in your name and email address.  The only thing it doesn't do is tally the total number of entries we've had so that you can see - but I can on a spreadsheet.  As of this morning there are over 2400 entries!

Please only enter once.

Our 2 winners will each receive BOTH PDF patterns for Ditch Lilies and Appalachian Autumn from me as well as a Facets of Orange Color Roll from Cotton to Quilts !

Such a great way to enhance your own stash of yummy oranges!

Summer Sunshine!

Ditch Lilies has been added to the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store and the Quiltville Etsy Store

The introductory price has been marked 25% off - no coupon needed.  Sale price good through 9/30/22.

Scrappy Summer Blossoms in sunshine colors from your scrap stash! Easy to follow instructions, full color photos and graphics to guide you from beginning to binding!

Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’

Optional but helpful: Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool and either the Simple folded Corners ruler, or the Simple Folded Corners Mini.

Traditional rotary cutting methods are given for those who don't have access to these rulers.

And don't forget that Appalachian Autumn is ALSO on sale at 25% off through 9/30/22!  Hurry and save on both! Sale ends FRIDAY!

Quiltville quote of the Day -

Narragansett Blues quilt from my book More Adventures With Leaders & Enders available in the Quiltville Store

I love this thought! Let's put it into practice! ⁣

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!



 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects being made. Love the Blackfords Beauty.
    My triple treat is coming along as is my Appalachian Autumn. Putting leaves together now. So pretty.
    We have chestnuts too. The black squirrels open them up take the nut and leave the shell in the grass.
    Do the same with the hazelnuts.
    Watch out when you mow! They go flying.
    Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quilty adventures this weekend involved taking my old midarm to its new owner and helping her set it up between two nearby family events. The robotics on that machine had suddenly quit working in the middle of a quilt for me, causing me to order the true long arm I had wanted, but couldn't justify to myself when I had something that "would do". Lo and behold, the bouncing around in my car for 400 miles seemed to have jostled a loose wire back into position or something, because when we set it up, the two keys that had been unresponsive worked again! She's delighted, since I sold it to her "as is" with the thought that she would either spend the big $ to upgrade the robotics (the only way the company would work on it) or buy a $55 remote switch to bypass the robotics and use it manually, and now she has the robotics AND the ability to use it manually at no additional charge. I am thrilled, too, because I get the machine I really wanted. A God thing, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone tried the siper size marshmallows? They seem to me too big to get full melty insides.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)