>>>>

Friday, May 14, 2021

Basket Toss PDF Pattern & Gift-Away!


Happy Friday, Quiltvillians!

As promised, my newest printable PDF pattern Basket Toss is now available in the digital pattern section of the  Quiltville Store!

I LOVED making the baskets blocks for this quilt.

Even more fun was deciding on the whirling twirling way in which they are set together.

Everything about this quilt screams MAY BASKETS to me!

Hanging off the back porch entry at Quiltville Inn!

It had been a while since I have finished a quilt with a gently scalloped binding - the last time was during our Allietare Mystery.

The colors of this quilt, the green border with yellow binding - just bring a feel of vintage comfort that looks perfect on this porch, don't you agree?


Those gentle curves are EASY!

And the pattern includes full instructions, step by step on how to make the bias binding, and how to apply it to the quilt with success.

Basket Toss is Scrap User's System friendly - I was able to sew up a lot of my smaller scraps, even making good use of rarely-used charm squares for the bigger basket base triangles.

This would be a great quilt for swapping blocks with friends as they are all different and VARIETY is the name of the game!


Let those neutrals shine as much as you want them to!

If you wish a bit more of a sedate look, you certainly could use one neutral throughout - or mix it up "just a bit" by using a single neutral for each basket, bringing together 4 different neutrals when the 4 baskets come together in the Basket Toss block.

Any way you color it, this quilt is BASKETS full of quilty fun.

And we are going to be giving away THREE prizes for THREE luckily winners as we kick off our Basket Toss  weekend ahead!


Two winners will be receiving a Basket Toss PDF pattern directly from me. Our Grand Prize winner will also receive a "This & That!" Fabric Roll from Cotton to Quilts!


Irene at Cotton to Quilts has chosen a wonderful array of fabrics perfectly suited for enhancing your own fabric pull while making Basket Toss.

Need more neutrals?  Be sure to check out the Noteable Neutral Rolls while checking all of the fabric bundle offerings!

As promised, the introductory price for Basket Toss is already marked 25% off - no coupon needed!

This price drop is good through May 31st, and will revert to the full price of $12.00 on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.  Don't delay!

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Scrappy baskets twirl in a whirlwind of color! Fill your background areas with your favorite neutrals, and finish your border perfection with an easier than it looks gently scalloped border! Step-by-step directions with full color graphics and photos. A wonderful way to sew happily through your own scrap basket!

Quilt Size: 88’’ x 88’’

Are you ready to enter to win?


We will draw for our three winners on Monday, May 24th, 2021!

The winner of the This & That fabric Roll must have their prize shipped to a USA address.  If you are outside of the USA you may have it shipped to a friend within the USA who can then forward it on to you.

In other news:


I'm back to attacking THIS BIN of solids!

It has been a few weeks since I've been able to make any progress on this - but this is my plan for the weekend.

I spent yesterday doing much pressing and cutting - and only a little bit of sewing.


But these awful hunks and chunks of random solid scraps are going to become something wonderful!

It has been many years since made a quilt that was ONLY solids.  

It's about time to challenge myself to something out of my own norm.

When was the last time you challenged yourself out of your comfort zone?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It's a self fulfilling prophecy - you'll never get there, if you don't get started. 

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone - I'm heading back to play with those solids!
 

 

23 comments:

  1. Working with solids is a departure for you; but, I do happen to see a few prints off to the side that you're L-Eing as you go, that's the Bonnie that recognize instantly! Love, love, love the May Baskets quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, when in the world did you make this? Was this an entirely behind-the-scenes quilt that you never even mentioned, or have I just forgotten any of your comments? It's certainly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basket Toss is my next Bonnie quilt to make!! Got mine this morning and am so excited to attack those scraps!!!! Thank you for doing this pattern for us!! will there be a Snails Trail pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the scalloped border! I stepped out and made one for Allietare and am so glad I did!!! Was quaking at the number of HST for the basket quilt, but it is so very entrancing, i think this will be my new leader/ender project!!! Again, thanks for all you do and contribute to MY life and all the other quilters!... Cats in Carlsbad CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baskets have also been a favorite. Love your baskets they’re wonderful. Glad your enjoying spring flowers. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am piecing backings for three quilts. I saw the large strips you pieced for a back and loved it, so that's what I am doing. I am very happy with my fabric choices so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrappy quilts. I purchased a couple of your books and patterns. I would love to see a book about your borders. They are so creative. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOO HOO! I have a drawer full of bonus triangles and that cool tool you sell to trim them down before pressing open, so I am in business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so looking forward to having the house to myself today to sew, but somehow I flared up a bicep tendon Monday and can’t lift my arm at all. Will be several weeks before it will get better, and I m not supposed to use it in the meantime. I still can’t figure out what I did to it, but sewing will be on the back burner for a while…😢. I will live vicariously through all of you for now. Have a wonderful day! And Bonnie….I am not a basket person, but I love this quilt! May have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ten-yr old GD has asked for a quilt for her newly redecorated room. Mom thought double sided. Yikes!
    Will do a large Carpenters Wheel for one. Maybe alternating 4xpatch for the reverse. She gave me a Funky Cats from Hancock of Paducah and a spring blossoms from there too, cuz she has a Cherry Blossom decal on one wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the border on your new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why I love this pattern as much as I do! It's making me toss aside my other projects. I don't need to bind Frolic and Grassy Creek - yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, such a beautiful basket of happiness!! I will be working on a couple of blocks this weekend... but just a couple! HA!! I have a customer patiently waiting for their quilts. Plus I am working on Orange Crush! Looking forward to just slowing down this weekend! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the name of the quilt. Very appropriate!!! I have a zoom sew day today (Saturday) which I love. i had hand surgery Monday... I can sew but I cannot pin. I am going to work on a machine applique project. I do them one handed even when I have the use of both hands. Hubby may be threading the machi ne for me tho. He will so that I will leave him alone to watch his baseball game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Basket Quilt is beautiful! I will have to put in my que for project, but first must finish the two Bonnie Hunter Quilts I have going.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing how you come up with your quilt ideas.... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Basket quilts are a favorite of mine. I love this scrappy look and the scalloped border which softens it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Basket Toss would be perfect for all the 2 1/2" half square triangles that I've built up so far. Plus the vivid green border just says "come make me" my favorite Bonnie Hunter Quilt yet!.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)