>>>>

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

PS....


I just got off the phone with my mom for last minute details. I'm taking her my older Viking 500 machine...SHE'S QUILTING!! And needs a machine, and heaven and all a sundry knows I have machines to spare.

I just plugged it in to clean it up and run it..the only thing missing is a 1/4" foot. I think I used my "little foot" that I also use for my featherweight when sewing on the Viking, and sorry mom....you can't have my own foot!

I'm off to the dealer to buy her a new one and see what else I can put together. This is a combo Mother's Day/Birthday gift for her since her birthday is right around the corner in June.

I'll box it up with styrofoam peanuts (another thing I need to do today) and it will be my "checked" luggage, since I'm going to have to check SOMETHING, it will be the one thing that doesn't have wheels :c)

10 comments:

  1. That's my old machine. I did find with the 1/4" foot that it's still just a "tad" too big a seam so I moved the needle position one stop to the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky woman! Your mom is quilting!! How fun to share your obsession with your mom.

    Enjoy your visit...nothing like going home for a spell.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no I can't believe you're going to ship the machine through luggage. You have seen how they throw things into the cargo bay ... right. I'd take it to one of those packing places. But aren't you suppose to leave luggage unlocked ... how does that work for boxes???

    I hope it makes the trip in one piece. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift for your Mom. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful Mother's day/birthday gift. But I have one small suggestion - Styrofoam peanuts don't really work as the best thing to pack a sewing machine - they can still allow it to shift around (as I know from experience having received a machine through the mail that was packed with peanuts). I would suggest scrunched up newspaper or bubble wrap in addition to stabilize things inside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom is going to love it! It will give something else to share with her while you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:48 PM EDT

    How great! One more thing to share with your Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Mom! Hope she enjoys it as much as the rest of us... before you know it she'll be starting her own blog too!

    Cheers - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. she will be so happy.
    i use the viking 830

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my old machine, too! I just gave it to a friend who wants to learn to sew. I was never thrilled with the 1/4 inch and my friend will never care about that.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)