>>>>

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Progress...


I know it's not fair to NOT show everything as I'm working on it. Especially when I've done that in the past. But there are some things I want to keep to myself, so they are NEW when the next book is released!

It is so fun to post a block, or something I am working on, and have it catch on like wildfire because we all want to join in and be inspired to try something new to use up the scraps.

And pretty soon, it's gone blog to blog to blog, and people are finishing my projects before I have a chance to finish my own...*LOL* So SOME stuff is going to stay under the wire until the release date, okay?

But since I've shown this one before....here is just a glimpse of the quilting process. And I probably will not post a pic of the full thing until it is time to be released :c) It's just a hint! Somewhere in my archives are more pics of these "Nine in the middle" blocks, and Chloe perching herself....okay....displaying herself in a very un-lady-like fashion, shameless hussy!....on top of them.

I do love how this is coming out...and happy for the time to be home and actually be Quilting SOMETHING!!!

PS...you know the humidity has settled in, in the south, when your pantograph paper patterns don't want to unfurl at all, and feel damp to the touch! I think I need a de-humidifier down here. *adding that to the list*

15 comments:

  1. I see a piece of the "cigar" fabric in the Nine in the Middle quilt on the frame! So cool!
    I am glad you have your new computer.
    Yes...the three day weekend is not a real holiday for many of us!
    xoxoxoxoxo Subee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie,
    Your latest quilt looks great.
    I don't mind just a glimpse of what your working on and I do understand where you're coming from.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! My very favorite, and I am so glad to get a glimpse...Thanks Bonnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You share so much with all of us already. Thanks for the peek! It's wonderful!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sneak peak, Bonnie! I love your scrap quilts, and look forward to the book gets out in the shops:o)
    Good luck with your work:o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quilt. I had a yard of the cigar fabric because it reminded me of my grandfather. I gave it away yesterday along with others to Camp Cemo to help the kids learn to sew. All fabric is donated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glimpse of the quilt is enough to tide me over until the book is done. I really like suprizes....Now you know the next question all of your fans will ask is how long do we have before the book gets published? *LOL* :) I'm sure that it will be full of scrap using ideas. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the gingham sashing a lot. ;) What I can see of the border looks great too!

    You ought to be proud of the way things you do catch on in the quilt blogging world, you're quite the trend-setter! Google page ranking has YOUR blog at 4/10, and most of us bloggers only make 2 or 3/10 so, congrats!

    Let me know if you ever need any more logos, ok? I've been thinking about putting that 'Take me to Quiltville' one on a t-shirt. Think there'd be a market for it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caught my eye with this quilt ... lovely!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so looking forward to your new book! I will try to be patient! Love the glimpse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks wonderful! I am always amazed by your work! If you don't mind me asking...what is that quilting design that you used, is that freemotion of a pantograph?? Looks beautiful!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd buy a take me to quiltville shirt!

    Know what you mean about the humidity...can barely breath today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I can see enough of the pattern from the photo....I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks the new ideas are gonna be "must haves" too! Until I get them in your new book I am enjoying the first one and making "Swing your Partner" from it this week.

    Love that book :0).
    Happy Sewing....
    there's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so generous with the community- good for you for keeping somethings a surprise for us! Just like a mom at Christmas- the kids would be sad if we gave in and told them what the presents were going to be! I look forward to the next book!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)