>>>>

Friday, February 19, 2010

Goodie Box!!!


I just opened the front door to let the doggies back in, and look what was sitting on my doorstep!!

A whole box of shirt parts....colors, glorious colors...all washed and ready for piecing!! (She actually aplogized for not ironing them, can you imagine? :c) )

I met Donna in Alabama when I was there a couple weeks ago, and we sure had a great time. I've got a bunch of other shirt pieces she sent home with me that are quickly working their way into quilts!

First of all, it is amazing how FAR fabric from a shirt can go....and sometimes I feel like I've been sewing with the SAME ones over and over, especially when using them in places like leader/ender squares where they never seem to deplete....so having Donna gift me with a whole new MIX of shirt parts is a very welcome gift!

Thank you, Donna for thinking of me!

7 comments:

  1. oh what a sweetheart - that's a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely box from a lovely friend!!
    You're a lucky girl!!!!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was very nice of her. It's always nice to get something fun in the mail, just like I did today. Your book came and it was such a nice note you wrote inside. Thanks Bonnie. I can't wait to get busy and start on some of these. They are just my kind of quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like some really fun plaids in that box...what a nice lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic surprise! Looking foward to your second book arriving in the mail any day now.... thanks for such an inspiring blog and website! Bec xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed running through your site. I am new to all of this even though I have owned a quilt shoppe for 6 years and have been traveling to 20 to 30 Quilt Shows every year as well. I can't believe all of the inspiration out there that you bloggers have shared so generously with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you!. That reminds me I have a box like that somewhere in my house. Migth be time to do some searching for it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)