But it's still been nice enough out on the porch to make the most of porch time while we can still have porch time.
Oh, how I hate to see porch time go!
This was the scene I arrived to on Saturday morning - Project Linus Metrolina ladies crocheting, enjoying coffee and conversation and making items for children in need.
Creativity isn't always easy, but keep working at it.
Look for the possibilities!
Simple fleece blankies getting a crocheted edging as a way to say "I care."
It's more than a blanket. It's a hug for someone who needs it.
Grannie squares getting their final round of popcorn edging.
Out on the porch on an October morning snuggled up under crochet in progress - what could be better?
Paper piecing on fire happening here in all the fall colors.
More fall colors and aboriginal prints for a husband who gifted a featherweight to his wife! The featherweight had her first run at retreat this weekend, and this is a wonderful way to say "Thank you, honey! I love her!"
Close up of the wonderful prints - so cool!
The snowflake quilt continues to grow -
Bargello done and folded!
I'll have to wait until over-the-porch-rail photos to see it full out and glorious.
Yummy purples making an appearance as a new project gets started -
Wasn't it just last week I posted about the Donkey & Elephant blocks! Here's an elephant!
Here's our India group before we got to ride the elephants all the way to the top to the Amber Palace -
There just may have to be an elephant quilt in my future. Don't you think?
This happened over the weekend!
I was able to get the binding on the string star quilt - sleeve and label, too.
I just love this vibrant red solid in the quilt center, and also as binding.
It's not a "Christmas Quilt" in red and this green, but it could be?
The green kind of matches Hazel's eyes!
Starting in on binding flipping and hand stitching.
There will be several nights ahead of being tucked under the quilt while working on the binding and I'm okay with that. It's a nice break from hexies in the evening.
And let's face it....it's FALL!
Today: Laundry, more laundry and flipping the house to get ready for the Muddy Creek Misfits arriving on Wednesday.
And since I have the time - I have one table spot in the studio where fabric has been piled for months. I need to take care of that. I think today is a good day to go through all of those pieces and decide where they are going to go, and decide which can be used up in the cutting of my next machine piecing project.
There are solid red scraps and left over binding from the string star - why put it away when I can use it in the next project NOW?
I'm thinking of something that has been on my mind for years. You know, that one project that won't let you go no matter how long ago you took the photo?
And yes, it includes some *gentle* Y seams. I was thinking it would be an EPP project, but who am I kidding? I'm going to do this one by machine or I won't live long enough.
How about your own weekend? I hope it was a good one!
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
Look for the possibilities!
Boy, do I ever have possibilities! Lol!






















I do my fleece blankets the same way. They seem more professional looking and warm. Don't care for tied edges.
ReplyDeleteYour string star quilt is beautiful.
Red and green can be Christmas. I am not a Fall person. Sorry porch time is ending. Nice that the hubby got a Featherweight for her to take to Retreat. More Y seams, okay! Happy Stitching.
ReplyDeleteHey Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteYour picture of the elephants got my mind going. Did you get any fabric while in India? I know you went to see it being made. I have a few collections of aboriginal fabrics from different countries I have visited. And I was thinking it would be wonderful to make them into a international quilt. Maybe making exotic animals or landmarks or patterns for the different blocks. Have you ever thought about that? You have traveled so much. Must get going. We are expecting fantastic weather the next two weeks. 80/60. Enjoy your week. Brenda Jackson
gee i'd make him a quilt for a featherweight too....
ReplyDelete