This seems to happen overnight.
We've had some beautiful days , temps high 70s f pushing 80 - one day at 84 which felt somehow surreal considering it is nearing mid October -
But summer eventually does come to an end.
I looked out the sliding glass door to see that daylight seemed a bit more golden and stepped out onto the front porch to look at the trees.
Change is definitely happening here!
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or do I not see the outline of mountain ranges just there through the thinning leaves?
Soon. Soon those mountains will be in full view once the leaves are all on the ground.
But we can still enjoy the leaves turning for a bit longer.
Down the drive -
My slster, brother in law and 12 year old niece are coming to visit us in another 10 days.
Will there still be color then?
This is their first visit to see us here at hour home and I hope there is still some left for them to enjoy.
It's a good thing there was no traffic behind me on highway 16 as I slowed to a near stop to snap this photo of my favorite Autumn tree on the highway!
It's amazing how much color happens overnight.
I'm worried with all the rain coming in that we may lose most of our Autumn splendor with the rain, so this photo was taken to remind me of what was, and what can be.
Embracing the seasons.
Brunch at retreat!
I'm not sure if porch time is officially over - but yesterday was cooler and grey with incoming storms. The dining room was the safe place to be if you didn't want your napkins taking flight.
Teeny tiny micro stitching!
More block of the month sampler blocks in the making!
Cute Halloween goulie fun!
Beautiful sampler blocks in blue!
And then there was this appointment.
While on my flight to India, after about 5 hours of sleep (It's so hard to sleep on a plane no matter how tired you are!) I settled in to watch a movie and grabbed my snack bag of smart pop popcorn...tossed a small handful in my mouth only to bite down hard on a kernel. OUCH! I felt that all the way up into my cheekbone, and it was centered just wrong on a crown.
This was my appointment to get that crown checked to make sure I didn't crack it, or have it come unglued in anyway.
All is fine - crown is fine, tooth is fine, we are just watching it to be sure it tightens back up at the root. It has been getting better, but I was a bit worried I did some damage.
Moral of the story? Never eat popcorn in the dark. There is no way to check for hidden kernels.
If you know how ridiculous and damaging it is to expect perfection from yourself - don't do that to anyone else either!
Back at the ranch!
It's a pattern party!
Lisa of Bearhug Quiltworks is on a hard deadline and found willing friends to help her collate pages and stuff zip lock bags with patterns. She has so many new great ones!
It was also a great tie for chatting and visiting and catching up with everyone's goings on.
There is always something to love about a tiny I-Spy!
And I have a hexie update!
I finished the next "butterfly" section to go onto this column.
It just took an evening to get it attached - not long at all.
This first column is growing!
I leave for my dad's in Arizona in about 3 weeks. I've still got plenty of kitted up blocks to take with me when I go.
He is going to be 87 in February. There will be LOTS of couch sitting and TV watching time. He is not as mobile as he was a few years ago as he crawls up toward 90, but he still has all of his wits and his sense of humor with him.
Even if our time together is a bit more sedentary we will enjoy every minute together and I'll have hexies to keep my hands busy.
Today: The rain started last night. Rain will continue all day. We've got a high of 56 and a low of 55 so things are going to just stay wet and in place.
Perfect quilting weather!
Anything happening for you this weekend?
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
I don't care if it's your barista at the coffee shop, your waitress at the diner, your cashier at the grocery store, or anyone just trying to do their job - kindness costs you nothing.
That could be your kid with that job.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone -



.jpg)





















Always look forward to your posts to start my day. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove popcorn, but I have sworn off out of fear for my teeth! - Kerry
ReplyDelete