It's officially Jet-Lag day in Quiltville -
Hi guys, I am home! Whew!
And there is so much to share, but as you know, around the world travel is hard on the body, so I figured we would get this going, and I'll start our India recap tomorrow!
I know you've been waiting for this one - it's ready and I can't wait to see your quilts!
Especially
designed for paper piecing, Goose Feathers is the perfect quilt to turn your
saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step
instruction and printable foundations
included. Strings and scraps at their best, no matter the colors you choose!!
You watched me make this from the beginning. It all started here:

I wanted to sew down some of these aqua strings.

I had just completed our Hello, Gretchen quilt. The neutral strings were still out. And it hit me - I could make a WHOLE QUILT with just this one block!
I love paper piecing my scraps!
Add some strings either side just to fill in the foundation and you have a block with a ton of possibilities.
It wasn't until I started twisting and turning them that I got REALLY excited.
I fell in love with the off set layout. Some geese connect, some do not - and those aqua zig-zags just screamed YES!
Hazel evidently thought it was pretty awesome too.
She has moved right in to her duties as Official Quilt Supervisor.
I couldn't stop at just the center, though. It needed borders. Two of them. One with more paper-pieced geese, and another of string rectangles to frame the whole thing.
It was perfect on this quilt!
I loved everything about making it!
*NOTE* I am still in the midst of the website debacle and am having to create new links for the store. If you saved my old bookmark, please update to the new one. You can also get to EVERYTHING by simply going to my main website at Quiltville.com. You can click the store link there.
And yes, there is a Gift-Away!
They've also got gorgeous reds if you need them!
Good luck, everyone!
We'll draw for our winners on Monday 9/28/26.
In the mean time, here's a shot of our group on the day we rode the elephants up to the Amber Palace. Amazing!
And I have so much to share about our wonderful adventure-filled trip to India.

This was me early yesterday morning after spending the night near the JFK airport - two flights to home and I was in bed by 8pm.
Today there will likely be a nap, but the house is out of groceries and life has to begin to start back to normal.
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
Dancing with the feet is one thing.
Dancing with the heart is another.
Today I hope you take time to dance like no one is watching!
For me - it will be in the beautiful block print kaftan I brought home from India! I have officially entered my mumu era!

I missed you! My morning is now complete a cup of tea and Bonnie. As a side note I am old and I don't do Facebook, Instagram or whatever.
ReplyDelete