>>>>

Monday, September 28, 2026

Short Time Out!


What do we do when the weather climbs back up to 70 f degrees?

Make a break from the sewing machines and see who we can get to come on a 2 mile dirt road hike.

It had been a while!

It had been close to 3 weeks since I walked this road due to my crazy travel and then the weather went sour.

But just as predicted faux-fall has passed, and we are right back where I love to be in Late September.


"What is that plant?!"

D.Dee was our new retreat member and she pointed out this lovely ground cover as we walked along.

I couldn't remember the name of it, so a photo was taken to put into Google Lens.  Which we quickly forgot to do once we returned and the pumpkin spice cake was brought out of the fridge.

This morning I remembered...because curiously does side track us a bit and we remember "oh, yeah. I was supposed to do this..."

The selected region appears to show Fan Clubmoss (Diphasiastrum digitatum), an ancient evergreen ground cover also commonly known as Running Cedar or Ground Pine.

Interesting to know!


And while we were at it:

Google Lens was less specific about this one saying it could be Apple Moss, Pincushion Moss, Common Haircap Moss or Broom Fork Moss.  

Whatever - even in the autumn there are lovely bright shades of green that make my eyes happy.


Back at retreat there was a weekend full of quilting going on!  Halloween runners, Puppy Holiday Hangings -


Sheep on the design floor!


Irish Chains becoming rows!


More Violet Craft Elephant trunk assembly -

We had 3 gals working on making elephants - so much fun!


"Spruce It Up!" is now a top.  So cute!


This is going to be stunning!


In My own space - borders happening!


I'm excited to see this one as a top so I can get it in the machine and quilt it.


YES!


I'm liking this. A lot.
There is one more border to go of red and green triangles to frame the thing -

But I'm already starting to think on what I want to work on next now that these Y seams are in the bag -

Winter is around the corner (Don't want to think about that yet.) Retreat season is over after the first weekend of December. (Don't want to think about that either.)

Mystery season is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!  (Can't wait for that!)

But there needs to be something under my needle that will help tackle an accumulation of scraps of one area or another.

There's only one thing for certain - it will be scrappy to the max.

Before we get to our drawing for the winners in our Goose Feathers Gift-Away -I want to remind everyone that there will be no blog tomorrow 9/29/26.

I'm leaving the house extra early to drive up to Buena Vista to visit my niece who is attending Southern Virginia University and taking her her high school graduation quilt.  We will catch up with how that went on Wednesday.

So let's do this!


September's  Goose Feathers  pattern release and gift-away is off to a grand start!

We had 3,139 entries!


Entry 1000 is:


Lynne Sheninger!


Entry 265 is:


Diane Beers!

Congrats, ladies!  Please check the email inbox corresponding to the email address you listed in the gift-away.

Reply to that email with your mailing address, and I'll have the folks at  Cotton to Quilts get your fabric prizes out to you.

I can't wait to see what you do with your own Goose Feathers quilts!

There are still a few days left to save! 

Intro pricing: I have placed Goose Feathers at 25% off in the Quiltville Store through 9/30/26. No coupon needed!

*NOTE* I am still in the midst of the website debacle and am having to create new links for items in the store. If you saved my old bookmarks, please update to the new one. You can also get to EVERYTHING by simply going to my main website at Quiltville.com. You can click the store link there.

Some OLD OLD beginning of the blog (As in 20 years go) tutorials from under the Tips & Techniques tab may be unsalvageable. As in the Binding Basics tutorial.  I'm sorry, I'm just not able at this time to retake photos and re-edit the pages with missing photos.

That's on the list for my winter time off.  Thanks for understanding. I'm still heartsick over it.

Still - we press onward.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Go ahead and prove me wrong if you can!

Have a Marvelous Monday, everyone -

I'll see you back here on Wednesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)