This was just the best way to wave August Goodbye and welcome in September!
We hadn't had a fire pit evening in a few weeks - and the weather could not have been better.
Low humidity. The cool of the evening coming on. I don't even think we were bothered by bugs, though the tiki torches help a lot.
It was just enjoyable all the way around, what a way to wind down what was a busy over-the-top stressful weekend for me, and a full-on quilting frenzy for the September Quiltvillians!
Getting our S'mores on!
Or bursting our marshmallows into flames - take your pick!
Burn, baby burn!
No matter how you like them, the "lazy girl's" S'mores where the marshmallow is placed between two fudge stripe cookies is the perfect size, and less muss, no fuss. The right amount of chocolate, and way less packaging and wrappers!
During the day projects were being worked on and finished up - Morning Glories is now into the purples!
Another quilter is up to binding - getting it ready for over the porch rail time!
Show & Tell has been a popular pattern by Elizabeth Hartman - these are coming out so cute!
Growing one cute animal at a time!
Pattern info!
Harry Potter is getting borders!
Much production moved to the sideboard in the dining room!
From there onto the design wall.
Pattern is Plot Twist by A Bright Corner.
Yesterday's mail box unwrapping!
This was such a bright spot in my day after the weekend of website woes. We are getting there. There is a lot to still be done.
I'm still working on changing ALL THE LINKS to things. Some posts from early blog writing (Here we are at 21+ years down the road. Unbelievable.) were just not salvageable.
The photos were stored on my old domain. Everything now links to the cloud. Posts lots their photos, making the tutorials unusable. They had a good run. I'm not redoing them. We are moving FORWARD not BACKWARD.
And while I linked to PDFs on Google Docs, I didn't know that I had to set everything to "anyone with the link" could open the file, so now my email inbox is overrun with requests that I have to manually approve. I didn't see that coming!
But it also let me know in short order that those free patterns and tutorials are being accessed daily. Even now. 21+ years later.
Some older patters, with the blog post photos gone, I was still able to just link the PDF directly. Others...they were printable html pages before PDFs were a thing and they are just retired. It's okay.
I haven't begun to hit up the tips & techniques tab yet, but that will happen when I return from India. One link per day if necessary. And some old stuff may just disappear paving the way for new.
But back to this joy!
How could this not make me happy and feel the support of so many of you as I have to rebuild my digital life? THANK YOU!
As of now, the store is working on the website. You can access everything at Quiltville.com.
There is a functional shop link, but my links from previous blog posts won't work right now. I have to update URLs for items I link to.
And there is time in front of me to take care of that one day at a time.
This couldn't have been more perfect for today.
Pinwheel Fancy from the Addicted To Scraps Book.
Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -






















No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)