>>>>

Saturday, July 25, 2026

A Tour Of Quilt Covered Beds!


We haven't done this in a while!

And since t least HALF of the ladies were gone shop-hopping, and I had to leave the retreat early for an appointment I thought I'd take a quick tour upstairs (with some encouragement to come see!) and do a little quilt show of what is on the beds as displayed by Chris's Christmas In July group.

I love how folks bring quilts for their beds for sleeping under, not just hanging over the porch rail.

There is something special about sleeping under a quilt you've made yourself.
I know you can recognize Straits of Mackinac from String Frenzy and perhaps Easy Street from MORE Adventures With Leaders & Enders, but also take a look at the foot of the bed:




It's Wild & Goosey from the Addicted to Scraps book and is also found in my new greatest hits book, Scrap-Savvy.

We will be giving away 5 copies of Scrap-Savvy soon - so stay tuned for more details!


Triple Treat variation in a planned colorway.  Lovely!


Tropical Twist from the Addicted to Scraps book.


A soft and sweet one-patch.


Pineapple Blossom from the Free Patterns tab.

Have you made one?

(That's an extra pillow for knees under the bedding. LOL!)


Box Kite from the Addicted to Scraps book.


I don't have pattern info on this one, but the big giant geese are great!

If you know this pattern, please leave it in the comments below.


Who doesn't love a cozy nine-patch?


Stack n' Whack or One Block Wonder?


Rhododendron Trail. I love how quilts crinkle when they are washed.


Old Town and a pink squishmallow!

All the comforts of home right here.

And a few pojects from the gals that did NOT go shop hopping yesterday:


A cupcake house block!


Sweet Spot - part of a Riley Blake Block of the Month.


Awesome Kenmore machine!

I had one of these early on my my sewing. It's a power house!


Betsy also finished her Old Town top.


Great colors - reminding me of my own current Romania quilt in progerss.

Getting close, but didn't do much yesterday as I had to leave for an appointment at 2:30pm.


Cute birds are happening over here.

The legs just crack me up!


Bird Block 2013 Jean-Sophie Wood.

Basic Bird Block for the Block Lotto, Free PDF HERE.


Can't wait to see this put together, whatever it is -


I snapped this photo on my way out the door -

Maybe today we'll see it finished?


Last night's hand stitching: We got to here!

I'll start adding this corner section to the mothership tonight.  That's a fairly long seam that will take me a couple of nights (at least?) to finish. Then on to adding the borders.

Miracle of miracles - for going so random with my fabric placements within their color families - I haven't had the same fabric reconnect to itself yet! (Did I just jinx myself?!)

Getting closer.  I'm really excited about this.


Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?

If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.

Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away.  2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Intro Pricing:  I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!

Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''

*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.

A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)

As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.

If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.

Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.

So much nitty gritty! But there you have it.

Today: It's still raining, off and on, but still giving us so much needed moisture that no one is complaining.

On my list is mid-retreat laundry to refresh towels and kitchen linens. Hanging out with the quilters, and some sewing time of my own.

I want to finish the 5 square in a square blocks I shorted myself on, and then get back to make the needed amount of stars.

And I discovered Law & Order UK on Brit Box. 

Any plans for your own weekend ahead?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

If I keep repeating this to myself often enough will I start to believe it?
 
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)