>>>>

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Cathedral Stars Class..

I love teaching the Cathedral Stars class! Two specialty rulers, Easy Angle and Tri Recs and a whole lotta scraps make up for a great quilt!

I've uploaded a slide show for you so you can see the blocks in progress! I just love everyone's color choices. I "KNOW" I have a weird sense of color. And I know that not everyone wants to make a quilt just like mine, in fact I'd rather see people coming up with their own colors! Be sure to check out the one in all shades of purple and gray....awesome! There is one with soft greens and gold too, I loved them all!



colorado cathedral stars

You might have to click to the actual album if you can't view the slide show. those of you in a reader, you probably cant view it there either, so just click!


High above the ranch, on the side of the mountain, sits a little chapel. The view from the chapel window is spectacular. Yes, they have weddings up here! What a gorgeous backdrop for a wedding or a memorial!

But first...you have to go up here to get there:



And follow more of this...on your hike up the mountain!



Inside the chapel were these wonderful stained glass windows....



And just look at this view?!



it was from outside in front of this window that I got that wonderful shot of the valley below that I posted a couple days ago. The clouds had come in, but they were gone by the next morning...it was just unbelievable!

Update on the leg...I'm walking...but more on my toes on that leg than anything else because it keeps the calf muscle from fully extending. I'm still going from heat to ice therapy wise....and little by little it's getting better, but I sure look funny!

DH and I are headed to Smithfield, VA today....for the Quilting & Sewing expo this weekend! I've got stuff ready to pack in the car, doing last minute stuff this morning while he works a half a day and then we'll be off. I was hoping that leaves would be turning, I'm not sure they are really ready to turn here yet, but as we get further north, I hope to see some prettiness.

We will be going up I-85 to the Virginia line, and going East just below Petersburg, VA....this is big time civil war battlefield country, there are markers all over the place. Memorials and parks, etc....and maybe on our way home on Sunday we'll be able to stop and see some. I don't think I can walk them yet, but I've always wanted to stop. SE Virginia is also well known for their PEANUT FARMS! I'm not sure when they are harvested or if that is going on now, but there will be stands along the road...I'm not a fan of boiled peanuts. They are an acquired taste I think. Kind of slimey and mushy, I much prefer mine salted in the shell, or dry roasted! But still fun to see how they are grown.

Hexagons in the car?!? Oh yes!! I'm ready!

4 comments:

  1. What a great time to be driving through Virginia! Enjoy...hope the leg improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tri-rec ruler have used it on two of my quilts. "Snowballs" and "Elves waltzing around Tennessee"(the 2nd version of Jan's Elves). LOVE IT! The Cathedral stars is cool pattern too!!! Love the different color ways!! great blocks for teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw pretty - not sure which is better, the slide show or the countryside or the church! Thanks mucho - and hope that crampy thing gets better very soon!!! Ya can't to around walkint like Festus of Gunsmoke when you are in front of all your fans! 8-))) (even though they understand.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quilts. Fab scenery. Hope you leg continues to heal, don't push it, let it heal all the way before you are on it too much.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)