>>>>

Monday, May 25, 2015

And Then I Lost A Day…




I’m still thinking this day is SUNDAY.

And yet it's been MONDAY all day!

But see how excited this girl is to have us home?  This is what happiness is for me today.

Red-eye flights will do that to you --

Red-eye flights with 1/2 hour between deplaning and re-boarding -

The entire trip from Fairbanks to Minneapolis to Detroit to Greensboro is basically a blur.

If I didn’t know better I would swear I did a bit of sleep walking between planes…I just don’t really remember anything!

There is a lot to catch up on here on the blog, and we are going to take our time at it and do it justice, not just throw it out there like some kind of travel tossed salad, which is what the entire month of May has been like for me.

Yes, there are photos from yesterday’s –wait, was that Sunday? Yes it was!  Yesterday’s Cathedral Stars workshop with the Cabin Fever Quilters in Fairbanks to go through….

Oh how I loved these ladies!  I had just enough time with them to feel right at home and get to know them and talk and laugh and visit while we sewed.  I can’t wait until the next time.

We already have agreed that NEXT TIME we need to spend more time around Fairbanks so we have time to see the museums, do the river cruise, visit the Chena Hot Springs….there was so much to do and not enough time to do it when I had two full day workshops, an evening lecture and a redeye flight home…all on a holiday weekend.

I am extra grateful for guild members who invite visiting teachers over for dinner – Alaska Style!

 

Marinated Moose steaks on the grill
at the home of Margaret and Leroy!

Cut thick, slow cooked, and sliced thin like London broil….melt in your mouth!

Put this trip home down in the record books as NO hexies were sewn between Fairbanks and Greensboro as I slept as much as I could.

Baggage arrived safe and sound, and I hit the bed as soon as we dumped luggage in the house.

The only other thing accomplished today was GROCERY SHOPPING.  Mother Hubbard’s cupboards were all bare, and so was the fridge.  After a 4 hour nap, and a trip to the store, I am good for the next week or so.


Happy Memorial Day from our house to yours!

One of the most memorable stops on our trip to Italy was the American Memorial Gardens outside of Florence where so many of our fallen have been laid to rest.  It’s stayed with me.  Today I am grateful beyond the capability of putting in to words for those who gave their lives so unselfishly. 

While I am indeed grateful for ALL veterans, living or passed, on Memorial day I remember those who lost their lives in the battle for our freedoms.  The ones who never came home.  Bless them each and every one.

On Veteran’s Day I celebrate them all – but Memorial Day is to remember those who gave their lives –


And to them I know that “Thank You” is not enough.

From my beating heart to all that gave theirs --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home! What a lovely way to say thanks when words just aren't enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home! Some gave a little some gave all. Thanks for remembering.
    Enjoy some quiet time and re-adjustment time to your sleep schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, glad your trip back was uneventful....miss you already hurry back....

    I'm not sure if I am anonymous or not but here is my email anyway, you'll want to have it....mabur@gci.net.

    This is trouble little Mary in Alaska.....Cabin Fever Quilters Guild Saturday's class��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe. Thanks for coming up to Fairbanks. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and taking the classes.

    Colleen in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at Sadie's sweet and happy face.. MOMMY IS HOME! While we have not traveled any where as much as you Bonnie, I also dislike coming home after a loooooooooooong flight. It is so great when you can sleep on a plane. The constant movement of people etc. m e in :)....

    HEY, why do we see an ad for sneakers in these posts, the one 2 above mine. OH WELL....

    RELAX ... every one's body needs down time with just routine things to do. This advice is free from Mama Julie :)

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie R9:00 AM EDT

    Love Sadie, her happy face brought a smile to mine.
    Take care, Jackie R in N.C.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)