>>>>

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Weekend Dreams.....

I worked today on massage clients! I've worked several saturdays in a row, so when I got home about 4pm, I crashed for a 2 1/2 hour nap! Believe me, it was much needed. I've been working on a customer quilt ever since.

I learned that my library has downloadable audio books from the library's website! This is WAY too cool, so I've been listening to them while I work or putter around the house. I'd rather do that than watch TV!

No time for sewing for me right now....but I did get some "Topsy Turvy" triangles sewn around the happy scrappy house blocks for the demo quilt I'm recreating. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it laid out with the sashings and get a pic.


I did treat myself to a new rotary blade to 1/2 hour of scrap trimming. I'm very low in the light 2" squares....I've used a lot of them in several projects so I went and trimmed some neutral FQ's into strips and squares to spice up the mix a bit. That's fun...finding the need to ADD elements to the scrap bins to keep the variety workable. I must be making a dent in the stash somewhere, even if it isn't apparent by looking at it!

I did some browsing on ebay for a break. I found this antique quilt with a very unique block pattern! it is called "Endless Chain". I might have to play with this one, it is so unusual! And of course I LOVE the fan quilting....

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Bonnie

11 comments:

  1. That is an unusual block design - be interested to see what you come up with on this one Bonnie - looks like lots of flying geese round a rail fence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy scrappy Houses is the pattern that attracted me to your site. I always wanted to try that one, although I'm trying your pineapple blossom block at the moment instead (not blogged yet as I'm still cutting strips LOL). I found I had to cut FQ's to make these blocks which then gave me lots of scraps! It is nice to make a dent in the stash even if you make more scraps LOL

    That is a really pretty quilt. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I like that one a lot...look forward to what you come up with. I love those antique quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that endless chain pattern. Can't wait to see your happy houses with borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too audio books. I've found a good spot for free one's is http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page if you like classics that have expired thier copyright....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie,

    I listen to audio books all the time while quilting. My favorite place to download classics is librivox.org. I've been working my way through Jane Austin. Thanks for your website! I have also been working my way through your scrappy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, play with this one! I love it! This would make a great signature quilt too in the center of the rectangle parts! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I find interesting about the antique quilt is the way the fans are done-half one way, half the other. In the picture, it almost looks like 2 halves sewn together, but I know it's just a fold.
    Whatever you come up with will be great, you hit it right every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just keep that eye candy coming, Bon, we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie,
    I love the antique quilts that you find- it is hard to find antique quilts around here- if you do they come with a hefty price tag- I am sure you will design something very interesting from the patterns.Thanks for sharing,
    Regards from a Western Canadian quilter,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep seeing this shuttle shape in quilts--this one is lovely and it would be fun to play with the blocks and settings.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)