>>>>

Monday, September 25, 2023

Weekend of Wonderfulness!



I think I can count on one hand the number of fire pit nights that are left in this season.

I'm still a bit freaked out that October is this coming Sunday.  October!

It's like a time warp happened while I was out of the country.  It marched on, and I came back thinking things would all be the same.

Last night was lovely.  While some grabbed hoodies and jackets, others were still comfortable enough to be sleeveless - so we are in the "betweens" as far as season changes go.

But it's coming.  Everything is turning a golden green.  It gets light later in the morning.  There is a change in the air.

This is how we do it - YUM!

Pass the wet kitchen towel around to the next person with sticky fingers!


It was wonderful having Susan's retreat group here. They are such a fun bunch of ladies. They brought two newbies with them this year, and I think we have them hooked too.


I found the Hen Den full!

Bindings, hand quilting, iPad reading and good old fashioned chatter.

This is how I also know seasons are about the change - when folks gather in the Hen Den instead of out on the porch, it's imminent.

Soon that gas stove will be putting out a warm glow making this room a comfy gathering place for early morning coffees and late afternoon handwork.  

To everything there is a season, right?


Hand quilting up some Indiana love!


I found Carol's completed quilt top airing over the porch rockers!


Something gloriously four-patch/nine-patch happening here!


I love seeing different color combos coming together!


How about these pineapple blocks?


Stars & Churn dashes - fun!


A Pat Sloan sew-along of a Lori Holt pattern.


Rockabilly Swing in progress. Love these blocks!


Such a creative corner! I love what is happening here.


In my own world...3 blocks made.

I've gotten as far as I can on the Starshine pattern writing.  I'm waiting for some rulers to arrive so I can do some photos with them,  Those should arrive later this week.

So I managed to make 3 blocks for my signature block quilt.

Are you surprised with the one constant muslin background?  Sometimes I surprise myself but 1930s fabrics are so busy that they need something "plain" to land upon.

I'm planning on this being a long-term hand quilting project when the top is done. Something just for me for a while. I'm mixing 1930s prints with the recycled plaids for a vintage feel.


And at home in my comfy chair -

I have one side of the binding left to complete on Silk Path, and then to stitch the hanging sleeve down.

Be watching for this pattern release closer to November 1st.


Lola says "There's a lot on your plate mama!"

But we've got this!



This deluxe extended tour has only a few spots left!  I want to get the word out to those who have been on the fence about coming that space is limited and it is time to reserve your spot now.

Click to my New Zealand Tour Page to read all of the expanded details - it's going to be a fantastic tour you won't want to miss.  

It's so icy cold in January where I live - I can't wait to go thaw my toes in New Zealand while discovering this beautiful country.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It's Monday! A brand new week, and much in store.
Some things are planned, some things will be unexpected - bring it on!
Free string spiderweb tutorials from the Free Patterns tab.

Have you made one?



 

9 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all the action at the Inn, but no report on Tula's vet visit. How's her leg doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene armock9:41 AM EDT

    Is there a name for the 4 patch 9 patch quilt? Love the pattern variation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:31 PM EDT

      I think it is Scrappy Celebration. By Lisa Alexander. In American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. Issue 181

      Delete
    2. I think it is Scrappy Celebration by Lissa Alexander. In American Patchwork and Quilting magazine #181.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous1:41 PM EDT

      The pattern is called Scrappy Celebration by Lissa Alexander, from American Patchwork & Quilting. You can either get the back issues of the magazine or log onto All People Quilt and purchase it there. It was their quilt along this year. Gayle Kush blogger won't let me comment so I'm anonymous.

      Delete
  3. New Zealand is great. Bungie jumping, spelunking, and zorbing are great activities. They have rain forests, glaciers volcanic activity. Plus they speak English there. You will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love when the seasons change, and it gets cooler after having the heat we did this summer! I missed seeing the action at the Inn, and it looks like Miss Lola is not far from you right now! I wish I could go with you to New Zealand, I'm sure that will be an amazing trip! Loving the binding on SIlk Path and looking forward to the release! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:04 PM EDT

    Yes, Bonnie. I HAVE made one of these. Love the pattern. Fun and quick to make. Loved our time at the QI last week. Give Tula some treats for me! Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did she find the Indiana quilt panel?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)