>>>>

Sunday, April 26, 2009

And she's home again!



Would you believe it if I told you that everything was STILL in the car, and it can dang well wait there until tomorrow because I am too pooped to unload it right now?

I had the most wonderful time on this trip..hard to believe it was 11 days, but it was!

I met so many wonderful people and made some new friends that I know will stay in my life for years to come!

I also came home to emails asking if I was okay, and where are you???? So here I am with just a quicky.

First off...I'll get the camera out of the car tomorrow and do an update with pics. I had a wonderful time working on the "Jared Takes ANOTHER wife" (or the hussy quilt as the case may be! *LOL*) and it is now in rows ready to be sewn together to complete the top and add borders. I hope to do that this week before leaving for Florida on Thursday. I have pics of it in progress, so that will intrigue you to come back!

I also was shown an issue of Quilter's World, and found out that we are an Editor's Pick! Wahhooooo! Here is a scan of the page and a copy of the issue. I don't have a pattern or article in this issue, it's just a blurb, but hey, we'll take what we can get, right?

I hope you are all well and enjoying beautiful spring weather. I also took pics today of some look outs and valleys on my way through West Virginia...what a beautiful place. I think I could live there and just stare out at the mountains all day. It really IS Almost Heaven!

I'm off to soak my weary body in the hottub and off to bed early tonight (My own bed! YES!) And tomorrow....I'll type up more about my journey....

16 comments:

  1. Welcome home.

    I'll look forward to seeing pics and reading all about your adventure.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie,
    I'm glad you enjoyed WV. I tried to make it home for your events in Elkins. I'm from Grafton, just a mere 45 miles away. I soooo wanted to take my mom and sister to see your presentation...and to bring the Star Struck that I did in the class you taught here in St. Mary's county Maryland. Rest your heals and I hope you sleep well in your own bed.
    blessings,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, Glad you made it home safe. It was a real treat to meet you and to see your quilts up close - they are even more beautiful than in the photos!! And congratulation on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. Sounds like you have had plenty of fun (work?) or is work fun? LOL Do you know of any neat quilt shops in the Gatlinburg TN area I will be heading that way shortly.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're back! Look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home. ;)

    You've certainly been missed, and we will all be looking forward to seeing your pix of your travels.

    Forestjane
    http://forestjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! Deep breath and rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to see you Bonnie, I'm so pleased you had a great trip and are home safely.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:27 AM EDT

    Glad you are back, have missed your chatter.

    quilting hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:27 AM EDT

    It is so good to see you back here! But then I read your off again to Florida...dang girl...relax a bit will ya! I could only imagine when your home that your playing catching up with all that happens there! Do the pets remember you? Just teasing...of course they do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to your war stories! You missed quite a celebration at Augsburg yesterday (see my blog) it was a grand day and one to remember! So happy you're home safe and sound. Bee tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you made it back safe and sound...I was beginning to get a bit worried! Hope you can make it to bee...call me if you need directions

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm surprised you don't just leave your car packed...oh ya, laundry and empty ice tea bottles can come out...but the rest of the stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:25 PM EDT

    Oi. Parabéns pelo seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

    ReplyDelete
  15. " "Jared Takes ANOTHER wife" (or the hussy quilt "

    Why "the hussy"? Isn't *he* the one who has more than one? Wouldn't that make *him* the "player" (or whatever derogatory term)?
    Why do we keep putting women down? Men are *just* as guilty!

    Or maybe I just don't know the story...

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)