>>>>

Sunday, December 24, 2006

More Cruise!








I have more pics I want to post. I still can't get over the color of the water in the carribean....it is luminescent! Like it is lit from below, you know?

The swimming with the stingrays and the mayan ruins in Tulum were my highlights. To get to the sting rays on Grand Caymen, we bussed out to the other side of the island, and then boarded a fishing type boat where we went out to sea about 1/2 hour...very CHOPPY water, it was so windy! And there in the middle of the ocean is a reef where it is only 4 feet deep. The water is about 80 degrees, and crystal clear. And it is FULL of stingrays that are so friendly. You can pet them, and if you stand still they will sweep up your legs as they swim by. We had snorkels and masks and could swim with them...it was just AMAZING.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, how incredibly gorgeous. I would love to see those ruins too one day. You look so relaxed and happy - marvelous to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous - I wish I was there! I just LOVE the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:17 AM EST

    Good on you for getting near the fish :-) Would love to see the Mayan ruins myself - fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)