>>>>

Monday, June 15, 2009

Website Disappearance??


Hello from Chicagoland!

I have arrived safely and have been whisked off to lunch, quilt shop hopping, antique mall browsing, and Culvers Custard tasting!

While at the quilt shop I was informed that my website is coming up as a blank page. There have also been emails saying the same!

Just checked with my webhost and here is the reason:

UPDATE: All Services Are Being Restored

6:00pm EDT: The vast majority of customer sites are currently viewable, and all customers sites should be viewable shortly. In an effort to ensure that no data is lost, you and your visitors will not be able to edit your site (including dynamic content) for an additional 8-12 hours. We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

-----------------
Update: We're still in the process of bringing up servers. No data has been lost; if a file appears to be missing, it is only a temporary issue. Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this power supply issue may have caused you.

-----------------
We experienced a power supply issue at one of our data centers, which caused the startlogic.com site, as well as some of our customer sites, to be offline for a brief period of time. We are currently in the process of bringing the servers back up, and all services should be restored momentarily.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you. We realize that you depend on us to provide you with a reliable hosting solution, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
- 06/15/09 at 18:06 ET



My site is one of those affected, and it sounds like everything will be under control, at least I have my fingers crossed as much as the rest of you.

I am probably the MOST impatient of all!!

So in the mean time..I'm thinking Sushi Thai for dinner...maybe a swim in the pool....but then collapsing into a comfy bed with my own remote control sounds fairly enticing as well!

Toodles for now!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated Bonnie. I'm curious, how many quilting events are you involved with while you are where you are? Do you speak on just one guild meeting, do a workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie~

    Wanted to let you know that while you're in the Chicagoland area if you have the time and transportation, you should make it a point to head out to Winfield, IL
    (west of Chicago in DuPage county) to a quilt shop named The Quilt Merchant.(www.thequiltmerchant.com)
    The shop stocks strictly Civil War reproductions and a few 30's reproductions. It's full of new, antique re-creations!!! Many of the quilts are from patterns designed by the owner's (Docia) daughter-in-law, Beth. There is a ton of talent in that not-yet-30 year old girl!! The shop was voted one of American Patchwork and Quilting "Top 10" one year ago. This, after only having been open for 18 months!! It IS such a great shop! Enjoy your Chicago stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I never lost you on the web.
    I'm amazed at how lost I feel when my computer is not behaving!

    Safe travels,
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH I just love Culver's Cashew Sunday, its the Best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I had a blast at your workshop yesterday. Yes, I am the overachiever in the bunch, always will be, and I am contemplating going to WalMart today to get a 4-5 drawer plastic thingy to put next to my sewing table so I can begin sorting the scraps. Since I am an organizing freek, this is right up my alley. Thanks for your inspiration, tips, and great attitude. I am revived!!!
    Christine
    P.S. my blogspot is threadsandscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm posting about piecing tomorrow and have referenced "leaders & enders" in my post and linked to your site. All is well there now. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie....where are you? Should we be more worried about 'your disappearance' ??? :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)