>>>>

Monday, May 19, 2008

Shep's Wood Tables




I am as in love with these tables as I am with my vintage machines. I love that they are hand crafted one at a time from WOOD, not plastic. I love the smooth finish and the rounded edges.

The hinges are reclaimed from sewing machine cases that are no longer useable, so that is a bit of vintage nostalgia included as well.

Shep does them in several different stain finishes including oak, birch, and cherry. It just feels good to surround my vintage babies with beautiful WOOD.

He will make them to fit any vintage machine. Probably can make them to fit any modern machine as well. I bought one for my Spartan, and also bought one for my singer 15, which is a larger machine. The one for my Spartan also fits my singer 99.

I'm not affiliated in any way with Shep, just that so many have asked where I got the tables, I thought I'd do a little post about them here!

You can contact Shep by email at scotteshepherd@comcast.net and visit his ebay listing HERE

If you contact him, let him know you heard about him from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville! :cD

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I think I may order one of those tables for my Kenmore. I still have the cabinet it goes in but no place to put the cabinet in my over crowded sewing habitat. I made a basket block and posted it on my blog. Maybe I should concentrate on my DJ during the waits between clues. I may steal your idea once again and put mine together in the storm at sea setting. I did down load and print the instructions a long time ago. I have 97 blocks completed. When are you my way again?
    Miss you,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo - I love these. I"m off to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are neat...I may have to purchase one. I agree, I luv handmade things. An old spirit in a young body I guess.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those extension tables are gorgeous, but Bonnie... that S.A.S setting for your DJ quilt is jaw-droppingly stunning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the info. about Shep's extension tables and his ebay listings. He sure has some beautiful machines listed. I always thought those plexiglass tables looked a bit out of place with the wonderful vintage machines, but Shep's wooden extension tables are a perfect compliment to these lovely older machines!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)