>>>>

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Yes, now it is officially 2006 and I wonder how long it will take us to get used to writing it! As well as having to remember it's a new month, it's also a new year. It usually takes me a couple weeks to get it right :c)

I've spent the last couple of days working on a project with Tonya..getting her instructions for free style pieced letters onto some pages on my website so she can direct people there more easily. They are buried in her archives now and it's hard to find which one you are looking for, so I had this brain storm....and some pages were born! Now she can direct link them in her side bar on her blog, as well as have an easy place to send people to come looking. I'm hoping this will be something that grows with other instructions to other fun things she is doing!

You can check out what we've done so far Here!

There are 6 pages with instructions for letters, the sidebar tells you which letters are on which page. It isn't alphabetical because they are on pages by degree of difficulty. Each page of letter instructions has other pics of quilts with pieced letters for inspiration...(and pictures of kitties with letters too!) There is a gallery page for her other letter quilts and a bio page too :c)

I'm still quilting on the stars quilt. I probably won't finish it tonight like I want to...fingers are feeling pretty much like hamburger! But I know I am close, so I'll work on it a bit....

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Idea Bonnie! And it looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:18 PM EST

    Another great job! I like the instructions so much I think I'll have a go later in the year - just got to knock off a few more UFOs before I tackle a completely new technique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    It's looking super! New techniques are always a plus!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Bonnie! So glad you and Tonya are doing the letters!

    FYI, I'm sure you saw this already, but look:
    http://inaminuteago.com/blog/index.php/archives/2005/12/23/quiltvilles-quips-and-snips/

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read the direction I will try them Too:c) Thank you both !

    ReplyDelete
  6. the new look is terrific at Quiltville. Love that you decided to put Tonya's letter making directions over there. So nice to have them accessible so quickly. Thanks for ALL your hard work, and Tonya's. *VBS*

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)