>>>>

Monday, September 21, 2026

Quiltvillians Through The Weekend!


Starting off with a big huge THANK YOU for all of the wonderful coral-to-orange scraps and pieces - I am loving my new hexie project so much, and just look at this variety!  I couldn't have come up with this myself even if I had tried.

I spent part of Saturday opening up all of the mail that had come in while I was gone and I feel so loved!

Some came with notes of "Thank goodness someone wants orange - this needs to leave my studio!" LOL!

Believe me...this is going to keep me warm and cozy and entertained while working through the long winter months.

My next travel is the week I go spend with my dad in Arizona. I leave November 3rd.


I finished the rest of my unpacking on Saturday as well. The spices I brought home were unpacked.

I found the little containers at Dollar Tree in a 2-pack. They will keep the spices air tight and fresh.

At first I was thinking glass jars, but storage is an issue, and I have just the place for these, with a small bit of rearranging.


Munoj's spice shop in Jaipur!

We had been waiting for this little visit our whole tour.  The best spices, the best prices.  And I iknew this was where I was going to be stocking up on some things.


Here's the instructions for the Masala Chai we all bought!


All the pink containers are the loose leaf chai. Yummy!


I wish you could smell this!


And there is a story with this photo - see the envelope?

Robyn had traveled with me on our Vietnam tour.  She also went to India last year.  This year she contacted me to ask if I could bring something both to our guide Ajay, and to Manoj.  Mission accomplished!

I love how friendships and relationships cross the world for each other.


The Hoosier cupboard in my kitchen has a drawer perfect for the spice containers.  I've done some shopping.  I've got onion, garlic, ginger, lentils and now the spices - I'm going to try my hand at a simple dahl.

The packages at the back need bigger containers. I'll be on the lookout for those.


Meanwhile on retreat, there is much sewing going on!

I recognize this one -= it's Allietare!


And here is another Allietare  finish in a completely different colorway.  I love how she string pieced the lager squares because they were "too big to be plain."  LOL!  I know I've influenced someone right when they'll string all the things.


A fun Christmas tree getting its borders -

If you have the pattern info, please leave it in the comments below.


Strawberries!


Strawberries and chains!


Cute donation quilt underway -


Loads of machine applique!


Dare you not to sing this title!

"Thanks for the earworm, Bonnie!"


Tulips are getting some playful prairie points in the border -


More space needed for assembly!


Unity  in soft colors!


And yes, there was a lot of this over the weekend.  Someone isn't leaving me alone for a minute.

I do admit to sneaking up to bedroom #5 on Saturday afternoon for a week afternoon snooze after not sleeping well the night before.

Only - I was barely asleep when I heard "Mom? Mom!  Mom!" from downstairs and it shook me awake, wondering where I was, what was going on.

It was Son Jeff who had seen my van and wanted to come in and see how my trip was.

Since then I've had two better night's sleep and things are finally getting back to normal.


There was even this last night as I settled into my regular post for some regular evening TV watching for a couple of hours before bed.


And yesterday's  Goose Feathers  pattern release and gift-away is off to a grand start!

Did you get your entry in on the gift-away post?


I'll be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Goose Feathers PDF pattern from me and an Aqua color roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.

Intro pricing: I have placed Goose Feathers at 25% off in the Quiltville Store through 9/30/26. No coupon needed!

*NOTE* I am still in the midst of the website debacle and am having to create new links for items in the store. If you saved my old bookmarks, please update to the new one. You can also get to EVERYTHING by simply going to my main website at Quiltville.com. You can click the store link there.


Sewing today? Two blocks left and I can start putting this top together!

How about you? Any stitching plans for today?

Oh, and happy FALL!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Today I am looking for the good in the world and finding happiness in little things that surround me. ⁣
Life is getting back to normal.

It's late September, leaves are turning and there is a soft breeze wafting through the screen doors. ⁣

I have fabric and BritBox and time to play! ⁣

The pattern for Sugar Bowl is found under the Free Patterns tab.

⁣It now lives with my sweet cousin Bethany in Minnesota, and is made with our grandfather's shirts.
 
I'm getting close to finishing my current string star project, but Autumn brings about the need to dig in some soft and cozy upcycled shirt fabrics again.

Happy Monday -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)