>>>>

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

I'm Reviewing...The Situation....


How many of you remember the movie "Oliver!" 

I loved musicals as a child...I remember riding my bike through the neighborhood and singing songs from this one as it was a favorite.  Who could not love Oliver?

Sometimes I still recite lines from that movie, as in: "Please sir, can I have some more?!"

And the song "I'm reviewing the situation..." expertly performed by Ron Moody who played is the notorious Fagin, starring in the original 1960 stage musical and the Academy Award-winning 1968 film adaptation of Oliver!

At any rate...while trying to figure out borders, I found I was "reviewing....the situation..." Because what I was first thinking is not going to work.

But do take a look at Hazel's photo above and notice how cute her one fang hanging out is.  LOL!


These are "true" diamonds, not half-square triangles.

Which means that the bottom point of the quarter-square triangles on the sides are higher in orientation than the half-square triangles in the corners so it was just NOT going to work.

Never fear, though - I spent time at the computer figuring out the math to make something ELSE work that I'm not only happy about, but excited to execute so here we go.


Meanwhile next door on the last day of retreat!

Quilters were quilting up a storm - trying to get as much off the floor and off the design walls as they could before retreat was over. This is a middle row - it's getting there!


Positive and Negative!  These are fabric replicas of two tapestries. Drafted and made by the maker. No pattern. I love the blue and white!

She was originally thinking that one would be the front and one would be the back, but there is really no way to align things perfectly for quilting.  My suggestion was to do two quilts.


Jelly roll fun on the design wall here!


Pumpkins appearing over here!


So cute!


And from what I understand, our ghosties glow in the dark, and there was much turning off of the lights to see them glow before bedtime. Fun!


Strawberries are together!

We were standing around helping to decide on binding...if it were mine, it would be a medium green. I don't think she has enough of the gold chain fabric to do it, so green would be great. Or pink. Who knows?


One last baby quilt -

Extra bonus points for cutting the border fabric so it was right side up all the way around.


All of the applique has been completed and now the fun of piecing the alternate double nine patch blocks.


Beautiful in batiks!


The large white marble temple in Jaipur, India is the renowned Birla Mandir, also known as the Laxmi Narayan Temple.

We made this stop on our way from Jaipur back to Delhi for our long journey back to the states.

The day before was Ganesh Chaturthi, a vibrant 10-day Hindu festival celebrating the birth of Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed god of wisdom, prosperity, and new beginnings. It was too busy for us to visit the day before, so we made plans to hit it up on our way out of town.

The temple is built from the same marble as the Taj Mahal.


As I was taking my photos, I didn't notice that this distinguished gentleman was in my photo.  But just look at him!



I lost clarity when I blew him up, but he is magnificent!

When I see older people from different cultures I often wonder what their lives were like, what things they had experienced and what words of wisdom they would impart to us.

I firmly believe that any of us could have been born anywhere on this planet at any given time into any kind of circumstance. If we could sit together over a cup of chai, what would he tell me?


Photos weren't allowed inside, but we truly enjoyed our visit here.

And yes, shoes are removed before going up the steps to the temple - we retrieved them on the way back.


I loved hearing the quiet conversations of people milling around, even if I couldn't understand the language.


And you can bet I zeroed right in on that floor medallion!


Just imagine the exacting artistry.


And this larger one, too.


How many skilled hands labored to carve these columns and other detail?

You can't see it from this outside view, but the panel over the door is carved so thinly that the daylight glows through the marble when you are inside looking out.


Our whole group.  I miss them already!

(Shoes back on by this time.)


And my two partners in crime -

Chrissy and Marnie -

You might remember them as the ones helping me out of the ditch when I fell and twisted my knee in Vietnam.

No falling this time!  No broken anything, no muddy clothes, no devastated egos! LOL!

Not even a sniffle or hint of bronchitis. YAY!


September's  Goose Feathers  pattern release and gift-away is off to a grand start!

Did you get your entry in on the gift-away post?


I'll be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Goose Feathers PDF pattern from me and an Aqua color roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.

Intro pricing: I have placed Goose Feathers at 25% off in the Quiltville Store through 9/30/26. No coupon needed!

*NOTE* I am still in the midst of the website debacle and am having to create new links for items in the store. If you saved my old bookmarks, please update to the new one. You can also get to EVERYTHING by simply going to my main website at Quiltville.com. You can click the store link there.

The September Quiltvillians 2.0 are checking out this morning and I have much laundry ahead of me. Time to get the retreat resettled for the Shippenstitchers who will be arriving Wednesday around 4pm.

And I slept all the way until 7am this morning! YAY!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

And I wouldn't want it any other way!

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)